Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>For Those That Use Mother Goose Time
ksmith 03:09 AM 03-31-2013
For those of you that use MGT, do you feel like its necessary to add anything? I was considering adding in zoo phonics to focus on phonics, but I wasn't sure if MGT included anything like that. I also saw that you could order additional books for writing an math. Do you feel the main MGT program include includes enough or would you recommend those books, or ones similar as well.
daycarediva 07:16 AM 03-31-2013
I wouldn't reorder the books. They are just workbook pages and I won't do any book work with preschool kids. I also don't add much to the MGT curriculum, sensory items, music and lots of free art.
Michael 01:06 PM 03-31-2013
More threads related to Mother Goose Time: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...her+goose+time
Homedaycare mom 05:46 AM 04-01-2013
I work with five children in my daycare and have used Mother Goose for three years. One boy is almost five and is making a lot of progress in staring to read and doing simple addition... so I add on one set of the More Math and More Reading books. He likes to do the activities on his own and his mom thinks it is great that I extend his learning. For the other children I don't need anything extra because MGT does so many language-based activities and then also focuses on three letters per month and always has a combination of phonics, letter recognition and letter writing activities within the curriculum. They really think of it all and I love how they introduce the letters and letter sounds in playful games and activities. My kids really learn a lot.
butterfly 09:40 AM 04-01-2013
I bought one year of MGT. I've kept it, laminated it and reused it. It depends on the age and academic level of the kids that I have, sometimes I add a lot to the curriculum, sometimes almost nothing. I haven't ordered the workbooks, but would consider it if I had 4/5 year old kids. Most of my kids are 2/3 year olds. We are currently using MGT (I don't always use this, I'll rotate curriculums) and I don't have to add much. If I find a cute book that fits the theme, or a game, puzzle or something else... One thing I do that's extra to the curriculum is make a name tracer page for each of the kids. I laminate it so the kids can use washable markers to practice tracing/writing their names and it's easy to wash and reuse.
My3cents 11:45 AM 05-06-2013
Originally Posted by butterfly:
I bought one year of MGT. I've kept it, laminated it and reused it. It depends on the age and academic level of the kids that I have, sometimes I add a lot to the curriculum, sometimes almost nothing. I haven't ordered the workbooks, but would consider it if I had 4/5 year old kids. Most of my kids are 2/3 year olds. We are currently using MGT (I don't always use this, I'll rotate curriculums) and I don't have to add much. If I find a cute book that fits the theme, or a game, puzzle or something else... One thing I do that's extra to the curriculum is make a name tracer page for each of the kids. I laminate it so the kids can use washable markers to practice tracing/writing their names and it's easy to wash and reuse.
How do you store your curriculum?
Tags:mother goose time
Reply Up