Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Christmas Gifts to Parents...
Unregistered 09:20 AM 12-12-2013
This is my first Christmas and although I love Pinterest. I am not sure what my kids should make for their parents. What are you guys making this year if anything ?
thetoddlerwhisper 09:29 AM 12-12-2013
we made these ornaments on old cds. just dont use glitter glue for names as i just discovered its chipping off! https://www.daycare.com/forum/attach...38686929869298
Attached: misc 005.jpg (122.1 KB) misc 006.jpg (108.6 KB) 
snbauser 10:16 AM 12-12-2013
We are making the handprint suncatchers. Will probably put them together tomorrow so that I can bake them over the weekend and they can paint and wrap them early next week.

http://www.homegrownfriends.com/1/po...ncatchers.html
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:23 AM 12-12-2013
We have a tradition of painting the inside of the clear glass ornaments. Started when they were little because they could shake them and it was a "nice" gift. My kids make other crafty stuff but the glass ornaments stay on their trees forever whereas some of the other items do not have the durability
Lorri 10:40 AM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
We have a tradition of painting the inside of the clear glass ornaments. Started when they were little because they could shake them and it was a "nice" gift. My kids make other crafty stuff but the glass ornaments stay on their trees forever whereas some of the other items do not have the durability
We did that plus I also had clear ones that open up and had the kids smear glue all over it and then added glitter to it. Turned out great
KDC 01:39 PM 12-12-2013
These are the three I did last year (One pic wouldn't upload... a bell candy cane ornament, was pretty cute too!) I also make a DVD for the parents with a slideshow of the things we've done throughout the year (and an array of cute video's). The favorite was the 'christmas cooties' (Clothespin that can just clip to tree branch, with pom poms, ribbon and googly eyes!) The other picture on the clear ornament was an individual picture of the DCK. These were plastic ornaments from Walmart for $1 =) I printed the pictures on regular paper and used glue dots to have them stick to the insides of the ornaments. Kids got to fill them with tinsel and pick their bow's for the top. Not the most kid involved, but a nice keepsake.
Attached: IMG_3654.jpg (117.3 KB) IMG_3655.jpg (110.9 KB) 
Snowbunny 11:10 AM 12-13-2013
The kids no longer make anything for their parents. I'm tired of going out of my way for them, without getting so much as a "thanks", in return.
Reply Up