Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Initial Inspection
sarah's butterflies 04:35 PM 02-18-2017
Hello everyone,

I am finally opening a family group daycare.I have already send all my paperwork and have the health and safety certification.
I want to know if you guys had your furniture all ready before the inspector went to your home? I do not have my furniture, I only have art supplies and decorations. I have the outlets cover and thats it.what do the inspector look for?.does the daycare have to be ready for parents and children or can you do that after you receive the yes you can open for business?thank you so much for your help
LysesKids 05:53 PM 02-18-2017
Originally Posted by sarah's butterflies:
Hello everyone,

I am finally opening a family group daycare.I have already send all my paperwork and have the health and safety certification.
I want to know if you guys had your furniture all ready before the inspector went to your home? I do not have my furniture, I only have art supplies and decorations. I have the outlets cover and thats it.what do the inspector look for?.does the daycare have to be ready for parents and children or can you do that after you receive the yes you can open for business?thank you so much for your help
I had all my furniture & toys sent up BEFORE... Why? Because most states look to see if you have proper seating for meals, tables to do projects etc. What about books and shelving? The right kind of toys for the ages you are taking ( I know MO use to count to see if you had enough of each item for ages), cribs, nap mats etc. Without that stuff it doesn't look like you are prepared to open much less interview a family; I know I would never set an inspection without being COMPLETELY READY to open upon the OK.

Are the fire alarms up to code? How about your outdoor space? Are carpets clean? What about cooking facilities and gates if you have to keep kids out of the kitchen and still watch them? How is the bathroom set up? Potty training items needed? Cabinets/medicines locked and out of reach? Do you have your first aid kit complete? Lots to think about before they come thru your facility
DaveA 05:19 AM 02-19-2017
What Lyseskids said. You'll want to appear to be up and ready to go. Check with your licensing- they may have a checklist for people ready to do their initial inspection. Or at least tell you what they really want to see.
CityGarden 05:37 PM 02-20-2017
My space was "staged" so it was ready to go the next day.... I will say it does not have ALL I intend it to someday have but certainly enough to give any parent or analyst a feel for the program.

One reason to have it ready to go is because you can give parent tours and pre-enroll prior to being licensed..... in my state you can have one child unlicensed so I used that an an opportunity to build interest and enrollments so once I had the license I was ready hit the ground running.
sarah's butterflies 02:24 PM 03-19-2017
Thank you for all the help. I did order a lot of furniture that I didn't have before. I organized everything before the inspector came and everything was good, he said. He liked everything I had and nothing can harm the children. He checked every room, the windows, the heaters,doors,stairs,fire extinguisher,monoxide,smoke detectors and the papers that I needed to post. My daycare will be in the 2nd floor.
I will be getting my license in 1-2 weeks, how exciting!!! I waited so long and finally I can open and post more in the forum.
e.j. 05:07 PM 03-19-2017
Congratulations and good luck!
Mike 06:14 PM 03-19-2017
Enjoy the happiness and the stresses too.
Blackcat31 06:40 AM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by sarah's butterflies:
Thank you for all the help. I did order a lot of furniture that I didn't have before. I organized everything before the inspector came and everything was good, he said. He liked everything I had and nothing can harm the children. He checked every room, the windows, the heaters,doors,stairs,fire extinguisher,monoxide,smoke detectors and the papers that I needed to post. My daycare will be in the 2nd floor.
I will be getting my license in 1-2 weeks, how exciting!!! I waited so long and finally I can open and post more in the forum.
That's great!! Congratulations!

~ Looking forward to seeing you around here (the forum) more often!
CityGarden 10:31 AM 03-20-2017
Congrats!!!!
sarah's butterflies 07:30 PM 03-22-2017
Thank you everyone for the support
Tags:initial visit, inspection, opening, set up
Reply Up