Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Date Is Best For Monthly Tuition To Be Due?
CityGarden 09:16 AM 03-23-2017
I charge monthly and recently notice there is fluctuation in the date providers actually charge that.... What would you suggest as a provider and why? What would you most appreciate as a parent and why? Thoughts?

I have seen some providers require tuition due:

All of these are in ADVANCE of care! But I am tightening my handbook and creating a separate contract so I would love input in this area. If I decided to make any changes to what I currently have the time would be now as I have several families starting in summer / fall.
Blackcat31 09:49 AM 03-23-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
I charge monthly and recently notice there is fluctuation in the date providers actually charge that.... What would you suggest as a provider and why? What would you most appreciate as a parent and why? Thoughts?

I have seen some providers require tuition due:
  • The 15th of the previous month for each month's enrollment
  • The 25th of the previous month for each month's enrollment
  • The first scheduled school day of each month
  • The first of each month

All of these are in ADVANCE of care! But I am tightening my handbook and creating a separate contract so I would love input in this area. If I decided to make any changes to what I currently have the time would be now as I have several families starting in summer / fall.
Personally for me, I'd prefer to have to pay something the first day of the month I use the service.

So the first day of each month that your program is open would be the day I'd require payment. Whether that is the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or whatever...
JackandJill 09:57 AM 03-23-2017
My son's school charges on the 1st of every month, and I love it. So does my mortgage company. It's just an easy date to remember for those really big and important payments.
hwichlaz 10:15 AM 03-23-2017
I have different parents with different invoice dates based on when they get paid at their jobs. It's still in advance of care so it works out well for me...and it's easier on my budget to get paid more than once a month.
Mike 10:53 AM 03-23-2017
As long as it's paid before the first scheduled day starts, so some might want to pay on the 1st, while others would be on their last pay day of the previous month, and others on the first day their child arrives in the month.

My plans are to do:
Due no later than the first scheduled day of the month, whether they attend or not. They can then pay on that day, on the 1st, or from their most recent pay check.

Paying too early, like the 15th of the previous month, may be hard on some parents. Just remember, always have a deposit or prepaid safety period, so if someone just stops coming, at least you're covered a little while looking for replacements.
AmyKidsCo 11:31 AM 03-23-2017
I offer weekly or monthly payment schedules. Weekly payments are due the previous Thursday so I have monthly payments due the last Thursday of the month.
daycare 01:10 PM 03-23-2017
Monthly payments are due on the last day of the week that your child attends care for the month, always paid in advance.

So for example if your child attends tue and thursday, then your payment would be due on or before Thursday, March 30th.

Weekly payments are due on the last day of the week that your child attends care.

I got tired of those families who don't attend on friday. Here are some of the issues I had:
1. Forgetting to drop the payment
2. coming in during class time and interrupting our day
3. knocking on the door during nap time, waking up the kids
4. not dropping off the payment by our closing time and wanting to arrange a later drop off because they want to do it on their way home from work and since their child didn't attend today, they have no reason to make the check to me on time.

I have a strict no pay no stay policy as well as late fees.
bklsmum 01:44 PM 03-23-2017
My monthly pre-pay is due the last Friday of the month for the upcoming month. My weekly pay families pay on Friday's for the upcoming week so it is just easier to have it all come in on a Friday.
Unregistered 06:01 PM 03-23-2017
I charge monthly also and payments are due by the 1st of the month. This seems easy and fair for both the parents and I. Some families pay a few days earlier but I don't deposit until the 1st. I charge based on enrollment not attendance so even if a parent should terminate care mid month I do not refund (unless I am the one to terminate care), and I don't have to worry about collecting a two week deposit.
Reply Up