Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Isolation Area"
dreamer 06:36 PM 03-24-2017
I am required to have an isolation area to hold children in who seem to have symptoms of a contagious sickness while I wait for their parent to come and get them. I must be able to see and hear them.

Do you have this?
Where is yours / what is it like?

I'm imagining a giant glass case!
Mike 07:13 PM 03-24-2017
I'd prefer a plastic bubble.

What ages do you watch? If they are young enough, would a pnp at one end of the room be isolated enough?
dreamer 07:50 AM 03-25-2017
I will be watching ages 2-5!
Cat Herder 07:54 AM 03-25-2017
Do you have a formal dining area, enclosed sunroom or foyer that is generally not used for daycare? It would only require enough space for a cot, side table, chair and a basket of toys; 36 sq foot rules does not apply to rest.
Pepperth 08:13 AM 03-25-2017
For me it depends of if it is an incident of vomit. A lot of times, I'll actually move all the healthy children into my living room for a television show, and keep the ill child in the playroom snuggling on the couch or whatever makes the child comfortable until the parent arrives. (while I clean up the mess.) My house is set up though where I can see both rooms equally depending where I stand.
Unregistered 07:14 AM 04-04-2017
I have two dedicated playrooms. For isolation they lay on their sleeping bag on the living room floor, which is next to my bigger play space.
daycarediva 07:18 AM 04-04-2017
We don't have to have an isolation area per regs, but I do separate. I put a mat in front of the bathroom when this happens. Child stays on mat until parent arrives.
Tags:isolation area, mild illness, mildly ill care room, sick policy
Reply Up