Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Advertise?
trix23 06:06 PM 03-11-2017
I'm a fairly new provider and am having trouble getting people to move past the inquire step. Or if they set up a tour, I never hear from them again. Would like to know where/how to advertise to get clients as a new provider. I have 2 kids myself (6m and 3y).
Blackcat31 08:07 AM 03-12-2017
Originally Posted by trix23:
I'm a fairly new provider and am having trouble getting people to move past the inquire step. Or if they set up a tour, I never hear from them again. Would like to know where/how to advertise to get clients as a new provider. I have 2 kids myself (6m and 3y).
More threads on advertising: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=advertise
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 07:06 PM 03-12-2017
How much info are you putting out before the interview? I'm fairly new as well and made a facebook with a lot of info. (I'm legally unlicensed so it explains that as well, because that has seemed confusing to a lot of people.) It also highlights a few areas where I'm offering something different than other places, to draw interest. I advertise in Facebook groups and on Craigslist mainly. The Facebook page gets a fair amount of traffic, and when people call I ask if they've found it and if not direct them there. I've done fewer interviews, but by the time they make it to the point they have a good idea of what to expect. Putting the info out up front has done a lot weeding out for me beforehand.
trix23 10:03 AM 03-13-2017
I have a fully loaded website:
HollysPetiteMaison.com

as well as a Facebook page. FB page won't let me post a ton of info like I want to, but I'm also advertising here on the listings and on Care.com.
thrivingchildcarecom 10:18 AM 03-13-2017
I have always used craigslist mostly because it's free. You could set up a profile on yelp. Jens list is another good one. I also stay actively advertising with my local CCR.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:23 AM 03-13-2017
I print up flyers and place them at the library (seriously that generated my most calls that are productive list) doctors offices, the community college etc.
The best advertising I have though is my parents. I usually hear from people that know someone I do care for. I make sure everyone knows when I have an opening coming up and a lot of times my parents find me my new clients.
But, in the gap times my flyers usually fill me.
Meeko 06:06 AM 03-15-2017
Most of my calls (several every day) come from Google. People google daycare/my town and I am the first thing that pops up. It took a while, but my husband made a web site and we worked hard making sure we got on all the search engines etc. We didn't pay for any of the advanced stuff...just the free basics. I haven't advertised in years now.
Lil_Diddle 09:52 PM 03-16-2017
I know you are fairly new, but reputation and word of mouth are my best ways of advertising. I always give my current families a heads up if there will be an opening. If they give a referral that leads to an enrollment. Upon the new enrollments paid deposit the referring family gets a free week of childcare for number of children enrolled or they can get an additional 5 excused absences to use for the calendar year
Cat Herder 07:13 AM 03-17-2017
I don't advertise.

I volunteer in my community and have all word of mouth clients.
Tags:advertise, advertise - word of mouth, volunteer, volunteering
Reply Up