Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Time Change Issues?
Ariana 11:04 AM 03-14-2017
Right now my 14 month old is squaking in her bed. Not crying, just making noise and is fully awake. She slept 45 minutes. Yesterday she slept an hour. Normally she takes an hour nap at 9am and then a two hour nap at 1pm. What gives?

Anyone else having this issue? She has been lying in her bed for an hour without falling back to sleep!
DaveA 11:18 AM 03-14-2017
Nothing huge but yeah- DCKs were "off" yesterday. A bit better today, but they're still not 100% of their usual.
Kajada 11:20 AM 03-14-2017
Yep! None of my kids are on schedule since the time change. Well, I suppose they're on schedule, but it's last week's pre-time-change schedule. Yesterday, I pushed everything back an hour (for example : nap at 10 instead of 9 - same thing to them), and we'll slowly adjust during the week. Hopefully by Friday we'll be synced with the new time. It never occurred to me to start adjusting our schedule last week - maybe that would have helped. Next time!

ETA : Or is it pushed forward? Like "spring forward"? I never know.
racemom 01:17 PM 03-14-2017
Yes. It has been a rough start to the week. Short naps, crabby mornings, and cold weather. Makes me crabby!!
AmyKidsCo 01:18 PM 03-14-2017
Oh yes!! Not only the DCK, but my own boys too. Everyone is tired, crabby, and out of sorts.

I hate, hate, HATE daylight savings time!
Cat Herder 04:54 AM 03-15-2017
I had the same problem here, monday. I solved it with oven roasted turkey, sweet potato casserole, green beans and honey bran muffins.

Everyone was out like a light.
Jupadia 05:11 AM 03-15-2017
My under 2s expecially the youngest (14.5 months) who still takes 2 naps has been off. Hard times going for naps and that youngest one woke me up 45 min early this morning wanting to eat, but I was a lazy mommy who gave him a bottle and snuggled under my covers for a bit more. Hopefully today gets better with naps.
daycarediva 05:29 AM 03-15-2017
My kids were 'off' Monday. We played outside a LOT in the morning, and did a slightly early lunch and rest-everyone was out COLD the second their heads hit the pillows with all the outside time, coupled with the time change.... Hopefully everyone is back on track today.
childcaremom 06:53 AM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I had the same problem here, monday. I solved it with oven roasted turkey, sweet potato casserole, green beans and honey bran muffins.

Everyone was out like a light.

I have issues the week before the time changes. Every single time change. Naps are off or no one is sleeping. Dcks are cranky, tired and miserable. Then the time change happens and everything is better and back to normal.

Out of the two, though, I find this one the hardest to adjust to. I just today feel back to 'normal'.
Tags:daylight saving time, time change
Reply Up