Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fed-Up at My Daycare
Unregistered 05:30 PM 09-27-2016
Hi guys,

When I was hired an assistant teacher at my present daycare in Georgia, I was enthusiastic. I always wanted to be a teacher. My director was fired and the new one came from a different facility within the company's franchise. I constantly received praises from parents as an assistant teacher. The new director told us in order to become a lead teacher, we needed to be certified. I followed her advice, which I paid out of my own pockets. I wasn't initially offered but since one teacher couldn't handle the responsibilities, I was finally a lead teacher for 1-2 year old children but was told I wouldn't get a raise until the receipt of certification. No bio or picture on my door. I mostly left in the class by myself with 8-10 kids. I still get praises from the new parents by implementing a constant flow of change in lesson plans, activities, concepts, etc. I feel like I don't get support from the director. Every other week, a new teacher gets hired but doesn't last long. 2 teachers were fired this week. I'm constantly under the radar but I excel in what I do. Should I quit or let them fire me? If I do get fired, does it look back if I decide to pursue a career in public schools?

Sorry for the paragraph guys
Unregistered 08:02 PM 09-27-2016
I heard most daycare are the same. Deal with or move on?
daycare 08:39 PM 09-27-2016
first off sorry to hear that you are having these issues.

have you tried to sit down and arrange a meeting to talk with the director about your concerns or issues?? They he/she may be able to help you if you are just able to talk together.
Unregistered 02:29 AM 09-28-2016
If you are unhappy start looking for another position now. It is generally always better to find a new job while working still. Getting fired is detrimental so its always better either leave on your own or switch jobs for your resume.
Cat Herder 06:43 AM 09-28-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I wouldn't get a raise until the receipt of certification.

I'm constantly under the radar but I excel in what I do.

Should I quit or let them fire me? If I do get fired, does it look back if I decide to pursue a career in public schools?
No time for sugar coating, take my intent as pure.

You knew they wanted no, required, the leads to have CDA, TCC, AA, BA or MA. It is required by the State.

It does not matter how you or parents view your skills in the state of Georgia. It matters that you have no certs. I will say that again... it does not matter how you or parents view your skills in the State of Georgia.

*Lead teachers are required to have certs in the State of Georgia.*

Please check out the DECAL page, again, and understand what risk your center is taking in allowing you time to get your certs before judging their intent. I believe they are already showing favoritism to you.

BTW, the school system will not consider you a teacher. They will not view your time working in a daycare as job experience for public school. The term teacher has been muddied and there is much resentment for that.

Again I have the best of intentions, here. Shooting the messenger won't help. Flame suit zipped.
Cat Herder 07:27 AM 09-28-2016
"Credential/Degree Verification:
Effective December 1, 2012, a copy and/or written verification of the credential or degree awarded to directors
and lead teachers(see qualification requirements) must be on file."

Ariana 10:17 AM 09-28-2016
I am definitrly confused about why you are upset. It is my understanding from your post that you are reauired to get certified and you did but you have not received the certification yet?...they let you become lead teacher anyway while they wait for your certificate to come through? Did .i read that right? If they did that then that sounds great to me since they didn't have to do that. Other people being fired is really non of your concern unless it is somehow affecting you.

Reply Up