Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Daycare legals
Bettyboop1 02:34 AM 08-18-2016
I have a few questions about how daycare complaints work.
I have never had one before. Case worker for my license has come and gone found no wrong doing on my part. In fact felt parent was trying to get out my notice since children are of age where care was no longer needed and that there was a chance the child was telling a story to parent if in fact the child did come up with the story.
I am feeling there is a chance that some of the story came from child but mom told me herself that older child said it did not happen. However a third party informed me that there is more to the story. But in the report the rest of the story from third party was left out. Which leaves me to wonder what really was said.
Anyways here's my question before my worker left she informed me first off that it was reported anonymously. Which if that's the case not sure how this next part really works, but anyways says that social services maybe or should be contacting me next. If it was anonymous how do they ask what happen to the child? Or do they just tell you that to protect the child? I mean how can you defend a claim if there is no way to contact the person making claim? And how long does the state have to investigate the allegations? Am I entitled to a copy of their findings and the report? By both my worker and the state?
Blackcat31 05:35 AM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by Bettyboop1:
I have a few questions about how daycare complaints work.
I have never had one before. Case worker for my license has come and gone found no wrong doing on my part. In fact felt parent was trying to get out my notice since children are of age where care was no longer needed and that there was a chance the child was telling a story to parent if in fact the child did come up with the story.
I am feeling there is a chance that some of the story came from child but mom told me herself that older child said it did not happen. However a third party informed me that there is more to the story. But in the report the rest of the story from third party was left out. Which leaves me to wonder what really was said.
Anyways here's my question before my worker left she informed me first off that it was reported anonymously. Which if that's the case not sure how this next part really works, but anyways says that social services maybe or should be contacting me next. If it was anonymous how do they ask what happen to the child? Or do they just tell you that to protect the child? I mean how can you defend a claim if there is no way to contact the person making claim? And how long does the state have to investigate the allegations? Am I entitled to a copy of their findings and the report? By both my worker and the state?
How licensing and other agencies handle reports and complaints about a child care program and/or provider varies by state. Each seem to have their own process.

What state are you in?
Are you a family childcare owner or a center owner?

I understand you are/were trying to remain vague about what the situation is but the first part of your post makes zero sense without a bit more detail.

As a registered member of the forum you can post in the Off-topic area of the forum found here:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7
(Only registered members of the forum have access to this area)

If you post what state you are in, we may have a member on-line that lives in the same state that can give you advice about how complaints are handled in your state.
Daycare Insurance 09:11 AM 08-18-2016
As black cat stated, this all depends on what state you're in. Wherever you are, you should have legal representation so you know what to say and what not to say to licensing and social services. Many providers fall into the "I have nothing to hide, so I'll tell everything" trap, and this can get them into a lot of trouble. Remember that licensing and social services are generally not on your side and anything you say will most likely be used to prove your guilt in the case. Generally you want to answer the questions that they ask you, but do not provide any additional information.
Do you have insurance? If so, you may have coverage for legal fees. Call your insurance company right away to let them know what is happening.
If you don't have coverage, you can check www.publiccounsel.org if you're in CA or www.childcarelaw.org. They may be able to help you find affordable legal representation.
Reply Up