Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Diarrhea?
Unregistered 06:30 AM 05-11-2017
DCB was out monday and tuesday because of many blowout diapers. Mom bring him to daycare wednesday and he had some questionable bowel movements but because they werent too bad I didnt send him home. Today 2 children are out sick because of bad diarrhea and now this DCB had a bad blowout today. I called his mom to come get him and she seemed annoyed because I was making her come get him after one bad diaper. But because he WAS sick a couple days ago, it tells me hes not over this bug. And because 2 other kids are sick, i think he brought the bug to daycare.

What is your policy for diarrhea?
In my experience its never been good. Whenever a child had diarrhea , i was either vomiting or diarrhea myself the next day. So i exclude after one time. Gastroenteritis is extremely contagious so i take no chances.
Blackcat31 06:48 AM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
DCB was out monday and tuesday because of many blowout diapers. Mom bring him to daycare wednesday and he had some questionable bowel movements but because they werent too bad I didnt send him home. Today 2 children are out sick because of bad diarrhea and now this DCB had a bad blowout today. I called his mom to come get him and she seemed annoyed because I was making her come get him after one bad diaper. But because he WAS sick a couple days ago, it tells me hes not over this bug. And because 2 other kids are sick, i think he brought the bug to daycare.

What is your policy for diarrhea?
In my experience its never been good. Whenever a child had diarrhea , i was either vomiting or diarrhea myself the next day. So i exclude after one time. Gastroenteritis is extremely contagious so i take no chances.
24 hours diarrhea free before return to care.

For "problematic" parents, I attach "in addition to one normal bowel movement" to the 24 hour exclusion policy.

The "because they weren't too bad" is what upset DCM.

Next time, don't try to extend any favors if the parent isn't the type to understand.
daycarediva 08:46 AM 05-11-2017
YES! I included the 'one normal bowel movement' and 'eating all regular, solid foods' (have had children come back after not vomiting for 24 hours because they hadn't EATEN yet)
Tags:diarrhea, diarrhea policy
Reply Up