Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Background Check for Licensing
Orange2001 07:17 AM 08-14-2016
Hello, long time reader of posts, love all the knowledge I have gained. I am in the process of getting my state license and attend my second training this coming week but I am hoping I could get this question answered before. I understand myself as well as anyone 18 or older need a physical, background check, TB test (yearly) and a drug screening to be done before the first inspection. My husband hasn't been in any trouble for years (+10) but as a dumb teenage/young adult he was arrested for pot charges when he was 19, and DUI at 22. Neither were felony arrests, well the pot charge was originally but was dropped to leaser charge when he completed his probation and classes. I am just hoping something from years ago isn't going yo effect me getting a license. Thanks for any insight.
Leigh 10:11 AM 08-14-2016
Originally Posted by PumpkinPatch:
Hello, long time reader of posts, love all the knowledge I have gained. I am in the process of getting my state license and attend my second training this coming week but I am hoping I could get this question answered before. I understand myself as well as anyone 18 or older need a physical, background check, TB test (yearly) and a drug screening to be done before the first inspection. My husband hasn't been in any trouble for years (+10) but as a dumb teenage/young adult he was arrested for pot charges when he was 19, and DUI at 22. Neither were felony arrests, well the pot charge was originally but was dropped to leaser charge when he completed his probation and classes. I am just hoping something from years ago isn't going yo effect me getting a license. Thanks for any insight.
Those things shouldn't stop you from getting licensed. As far as I know, they only screen for child abuse and neglect in my state.
Missjaime 07:46 AM 08-18-2016
I was worried about this too, as my husband had 2 DUIs when he was in his early 20's (he's comfortably in his 40s now )
It wasn't a problem here in CA, but I don't know about any other states. I spent the whole time waiting for his fingerprints to come back stressing out so much! Turns out there was nothing to worry about! Hope that helps - good luck!

Nene 03:36 PM 05-26-2017
Hey was y'all able get the licenses? Long as there no felony or conviction
hwichlaz 04:59 PM 05-26-2017
It depends on what state your in.

Currently, in California.....you'd need to apply for a waiver, and it'd take time. AND your clients would be notified that he was there on a waiver for a criminal conviction(s).

Providers that got background checked before they were that strict are grandfathered in.
Reply Up