Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Husband Is A Bad Daycare Parent...
kendallina 11:32 AM 05-10-2017
So I run a preschool from my house. My husband hears all the good and bad and everything that I go through with this job. He understands things like liability and why I'm so firm on all my policies, etc.

So every morning he drops our 14-month old son at the babysitters for a few hours during my 'preschool' hours. Today, the babysitter told me that he dropped the baby off while she was in the restroom! Her 8-year old son was there (they are also good friends of ours) and the son said oh, just drop him off (baby was in his carseat still) and my husband did! He didn't wait for our babysitter to come out and greet him. He didn't think it would be a problem and was in a rush to get to a meeting and just left the baby!

Ugh...the babysitter wasn't mad and said she'd talk with him but it surprised her to come out of the restroom and see the baby there without dad! Yeh, that would surprise me too! I, of course apologized and we had a little laugh over how non-childcare providers just don't always thinks of these things, but geez. Glad she didn't term us...

So, if a dad (OR A MOM!) does a stupid thing today, talk to them, forgive them, sometimes they just don't think.
Max 12:41 PM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by kendallina:
So every morning he drops our 14-month old son at the babysitters for a few hours during my 'preschool' hours. Today, the babysitter told me that he dropped the baby off while she was in the restroom! Her 8-year old son was there (they are also good friends of ours) and the son said oh, just drop him off (baby was in his carseat still) and my husband did! He didn't wait for our babysitter to come out and greet him. He didn't think it would be a problem and was in a rush to get to a meeting and just left the baby!

Ugh...the babysitter wasn't mad and said she'd talk with him but it surprised her to come out of the restroom and see the baby there without dad! Yeh, that would surprise me too! I, of course apologized and we had a little laugh over how non-childcare providers just don't always thinks of these things, but geez. Glad she didn't term us...

So, if a dad (OR A MOM!) does a stupid thing today, talk to them, forgive them, sometimes they just don't think.
lol! I'm glad your babysitter was pretty easy-going about it! You're so right that non-providers sometimes just don't realize what is/isn't ok. Becoming a provider has been so eye opening! I'm going to try and keep this in mind when I open and parents have minor infractions

I think we all need reminders sometimes, especially daycare parents, but as long as it's not a repeat behavior it doesn't hurt to have some forgiveness
kendallina 07:17 PM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by Max:
lol! I'm glad your babysitter was pretty easy-going about it! You're so right that non-providers sometimes just don't realize what is/isn't ok. Becoming a provider has been so eye opening! I'm going to try and keep this in mind when I open and parents have minor infractions

I think we all need reminders sometimes, especially daycare parents, but as long as it's not a repeat behavior it doesn't hurt to have some forgiveness
Oh we both razed him so much, he'll never do it again! lol
Pepperth 05:37 AM 05-11-2017
If it makes you feel any better, my husband forgot to get my son from school last week. Its not part of his normal routine, but I got the dreaded text from his teacher. Boy did he hear about it from me.
sahm1225 06:28 AM 05-11-2017
Lol! Your poor DH is going to hear it from both of you
Ariana 10:03 AM 05-11-2017
My husband is always doing this with our 4 year okd when dropping at preschool. He forgets to check her bag for extra clothes, he forgets to dress her for the weather etc. It got so bad I had to take over....because ya know I dont have enough on my plate!
Tags:husband - helping out
Reply Up