Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Few questions
Unregistered 04:18 PM 05-22-2017
- Client has an irregular schedule and wants to have more hours than their 8:30-6:30 in case of an earlier drop-off (7:30am on occasion). I told them I would look over my policies and get back to them on it. Obviously if they want the option of earlier drop-off, I will be paid extra for it. But how much and how would you word it?

-DCG drinks vanilla soymilk that parent provides. I think it gives DOG diarrhea. Every time I give her some, even just a little, she has funny poop. She hasn't had any today since this morning and no runny poops. I mentioned that to DCM and she says she doesn't think it's the soymilk. But every time I give it to DCG, she has signs of sensitivity to it. WWYD? DCG also goes through an outfit change a day because of it too.
Blackcat31 05:01 PM 05-22-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
- Client has an irregular schedule and wants to have more hours than their 8:30-6:30 in case of an earlier drop-off (7:30am on occasion). I told them I would look over my policies and get back to them on it. Obviously if they want the option of earlier drop-off, I will be paid extra for it. But how much and how would you word it?

-DCG drinks vanilla soymilk that parent provides. I think it gives DOG diarrhea. Every time I give her some, even just a little, she has funny poop. She hasn't had any today since this morning and no runny poops. I mentioned that to DCM and she says she doesn't think it's the soymilk. But every time I give it to DCG, she has signs of sensitivity to it. WWYD? DCG also goes through an outfit change a day because of it too.
I charge $10 for every 15 minutes (and/or portion of) of time prior to opening time. I don't offer services beyond 5:00 P.M.
That's family time and family time is not for sale.

As for DCG's sensitivity to soy/almond milk; I'd stop focusing on that and just start calling for pick up every time she has a poo that is not contained and requires a clothing change. For sanitary reasons.
Exclude until 24 hours diarrhea free.
Bet mom rethinks DCG's diet.
finsup 05:14 PM 05-22-2017

For the earlier days, it would depend on if you want to charge a higher fee every week or only on the days they need it. For me, my policy reads "extended days are available with prior approval Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Extended days allows you to drop off an hour earlier then your contract time OR pick up an hour later. The fee for this is 20$ and can either be added to your weekly payment or paid for on the day of. This option is only available with prior approval. If you are late/drop off early on Monday or Friday or without approval on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, the fee of 1$ a minute applies.

As for soy milk, does she have a medical reason to have it? If she doesn't, I'd simply stop giving it to her and tell dcm you will provide all food/drinks from here on out. If she does have a medical reason for needing it, diaheera is a reason for exclusion here. That would get her sent home and not allowed back until 24 symptom free.
Mom2Two 05:27 PM 05-22-2017
If it's really "on occasion" then she won't mind paying a good fee for it. Look at it as babysitting time, not daycare. Did she say it was for work meetings?

The only time I agreed to allow daycare parents to provide food, it got weird really fast and she quit anyway coz really, she was just controlling.

I'm at a point where i only want certain hours, but you would need to decide if this client is worth it to you. I've been in situations where I kept hard clients, because I felt like I needed to financially. But they sure can be stressful--even almost unbearable sometimes.
AmyKidsCo 07:41 PM 05-22-2017
Does she drink the same thing at home? How soon after drinking the soy milk does she poo? Maybe only give it to her before pick up...
CityGarden 09:04 PM 05-22-2017
I would not offer before care..... it just does not work for me. I have set hours for a reason. Just like Nordstrom won't open early for me and Chick-fil-a won't open for me on Sunday I too won't compromise my business hours.

I would switch your policies and serve water only unless the child is an infant. If I were on the food program I would only serve water and the milk allowed on the food program without a doctors note.

Also adding as a parent with a child who had a dairy allergy soy is not automatically the best replacement. With soy in everything we opt for almond milk.....
Unregistered 09:12 PM 05-22-2017
How would you say the pick-up thing for diarrhea that comes out of the clothes? I've had to call parents for illness and fever but never for work-related diarrhea...
Unregistered 09:14 PM 05-22-2017
They said that sometimes their work scheduke is different and they would need an earlier start time
JackandJill 02:54 AM 05-23-2017
How would you say the pick-up thing for diarrhea that comes out of the clothes? I've had to call parents for illness and fever but never for work-related diarrhea...
Just update your sick policy. Mine states that the following symptoms are cause for exclusion and/or removal from daycare until the child is symptom-free for 24 hours. I then list everything, including diarrhea and/or blow out diapers.

I also state that I exclude based on symptoms, not the cause. Parents must be here within 45 minutes of me calling for pick up.

Good luck!
finsup 04:05 AM 05-23-2017
Update your sick policy, have them sign a copy. Then when it happens, I text "hi dcm! Dcb had diarrhea this morning and as per my sick policy I will need them picked up within the hour. Thanks!"
Ariana 07:21 AM 05-23-2017
I would let her know in a friendly email, text or face to face that diarrhea can no longer be tolerated due to sanitary reasons and that pickup will be required every time the child has diarrhea.

You have already mentioned the soymilk and mom is not interested so it is time to make it her problem.
Pestle 07:47 AM 05-23-2017
I permit no outside foods due to allergies. My kid has food allergies and now I have a dcb with an egg allergy so I'm strict about it.

Vanilla soy usually has added sugar. She's going to rot her kid's teeth.
trix23 04:50 PM 05-23-2017
DCM is finally open to the idea that the soymilk may be the culprit because I mentioned that I hadn't given DCG soymilk since the morning and her bowels were normal. Then DCM said she didn't give her any that night and noticed a difference. I also mentioned that diarrhea, regardless of reason, would require pick-up within 1 hour.
CityGarden 06:08 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by trix23:
DCM is finally open to the idea that the soymilk may be the culprit because I mentioned that I hadn't given DCG soymilk since the morning and her bowels were normal. Then DCM said she didn't give her any that night and noticed a difference. I also mentioned that diarrhea, regardless of reason, would require pick-up within 1 hour.
Well that is an improvement.
daycarediva 06:51 AM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Does she drink the same thing at home? How soon after drinking the soy milk does she poo? Maybe only give it to her before pick up...

Originally Posted by trix23:
awesome!
Tags:enforcing policies - consistency
Reply Up