Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Interview Questionnaire... Input Needed
daycare 12:21 PM 02-21-2012
I have created this and I would like for anyone willing to tell me what I should add to it or take off.

Thanks so much for your help.
Attached: questionnaire DC.pdf (121.9 KB) 
CheekyChick 12:49 PM 02-21-2012
That is awesome. MUCH better than mine. I may just have to "borrow" that.
daycare 12:52 PM 02-21-2012
Originally Posted by CheekyChick:
That is awesome. MUCH better than mine. I may just have to "borrow" that.
I can email you the word doc so that you can make it your own...
wdmmom 12:56 PM 02-21-2012
I have a similiar form but I use mine to ask the same types of questions during initial contact...whether that be via phone, email or until the first interview.

I figure they have enough paperwork to fill out if they enroll, this is one I do for my records. Then if you have multiple families contact you and you only have one opening, you can review what you've written down and decide.

Too many times before I have given families forms to fill out and they only fill in what they want to or what they think is pertinent information.

If you want answers to all of your questions, ask yourself and write it down. I've used this to fall back on when parents change their mind and want more hours.

Example: You ask what times daycare is needed and get told 730am to 330pm. Then when they start, they have the preconceived notion that they have from 7am to 4pm for the same rate. See what I mean?!
CheekyChick 01:01 PM 02-21-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I can email you the word doc so that you can make it your own...
I think I can just print it. I'm not by my printer, but will try it later. Thanks for lett me borrow it.
daycare 01:02 PM 02-21-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I have a similiar form but I use mine to ask the same types of questions during initial contact...whether that be via phone, email or until the first interview.

I figure they have enough paperwork to fill out if they enroll, this is one I do for my records. Then if you have multiple families contact you and you only have one opening, you can review what you've written down and decide.

Too many times before I have given families forms to fill out and they only fill in what they want to or what they think is pertinent information.

If you want answers to all of your questions, ask yourself and write it down. I've used this to fall back on when parents change their mind and want more hours.

Example: You ask what times daycare is needed and get told 730am to 330pm. Then when they start, they have the preconceived notion that they have from 7am to 4pm for the same rate. See what I mean?!
I wont sign anyone up on the spot. I require them to have a second interview and it is then that if we think it will work out, I will email them all of the necessary paperwork. They don't fill out all of my paperwork until they have completed the two week trail and I know I can work with their child.

I have always had them fill out an interview sheet at the initial tour. But I have needed to change it up this way. I do ask these things over the phone when they first call, but then I ask them to put it into writing for me. I think it kind of also shows them that I am not the only one being interview here?

I don't know, it's just what has worked for me
Tags:forms, interview - questions
Reply Up