Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Deposit receipts
daycare 08:13 PM 01-19-2017
I alwaya collect a deposit from my parents once they enroll

Normally when they exit I fully refund it to them by handing them a check. That is of course they don't owe me anything.

I have a parent asking me for a receipt for their works reimbursement program. But I've never given one, because it's always been refunded. I've only supplied them with a copy of the contract that states they have paid the deposit.

How should I handle this ? I don't want to give them a receipt for money they will get back.
Thanks
TomCopeland 10:24 AM 01-20-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
I alwaya collect a deposit from my parents once they enroll

Normally when they exit I fully refund it to them by handing them a check. That is of course they don't owe me anything.

I have a parent asking me for a receipt for their works reimbursement program. But I've never given one, because it's always been refunded. I've only supplied them with a copy of the contract that states they have paid the deposit.

How should I handle this ? I don't want to give them a receipt for money they will get back.
Thanks
I'd give them a receipt. On the receipt I'd write: "Deposit to be refunded when care is ended." Report this as income. When you refund it, report it as an expense ("parent refund").
Reply Up