Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opinions On Room Arrangement
luv2teach 02:35 PM 05-10-2013
I work at a center. Today during training we watched a video on how you can use shelving to mark off specific spaces in your room, such as book corners, etc. I have worked in rooms that I have set up this way in the past. However, at current center we must eat in our classroom and the room is smaller than I am used to.

Basically I have 4 shelves, three tables, one small bookshelf and a small kid's sized table, two large rugs and one small rug to work with. I would like to make things more separate to discourage running, however, I have some boys who can be rough and honestly I fear that a shelf will be knocked in to and knocked over on to someone.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I feel like I am limited to keeping the three tables together for meal times and also on the hardwood, not the carpets, for obvious reasons. I only have one true useable corner as the other three corners are near doors- one to the room, one to the outside and one to the storage room.

My students are three.

Thanks!
Blackcat31 02:47 PM 05-10-2013
This site has a great "Create A Room" feature where you can choose the size of your room, the furniture you have and then you can move and rotate the furniture and play around with different ways to set the room up.

We used it in college when learning the importance of room arrangement.

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/cla...&RoomId=976141

You may have to sign up for the site to use it but it is completely worth it!
luv2teach 02:57 PM 05-10-2013
Oh wow, that is the most useful link ever! Thank you! Now I wish I knew what size my room was at the moment. I should have measured it.
Reply Up