Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Great Book, That Helps Make Life Better
dEHmom 08:06 AM 03-28-2012
Hey guys,
I mentioned this in another thread, but wanted to share this for everyone.

I am about halfway through a book written by Joe Caruso, called The Power of Losing Control.

I HIGHLY recommend this book. Even if you don't think you could be any happier in your life. It mainly just helps you to see things from context. It shows you how you cannot control anything, but you can almost in a sense manipulate the outcomes.

example used in book, someone cuts you off on freeway, instead of getting upset and calling that guy a jerk, look at it from a different context. MAYBE that person's wife is having a baby right now and trying to get to the hospital.

I think in our line of work, it's sometimes hard to stop thinking about "me" and how I feel.
daycare 08:13 AM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
Hey guys,
I mentioned this in another thread, but wanted to share this for everyone.

I am about halfway through a book written by Joe Caruso, called The Power of Losing Control.

I HIGHLY recommend this book. Even if you don't think you could be any happier in your life. It mainly just helps you to see things from context. It shows you how you cannot control anything, but you can almost in a sense manipulate the outcomes.

example used in book, someone cuts you off on freeway, instead of getting upset and calling that guy a jerk, look at it from a different context. MAYBE that person's wife is having a baby right now and trying to get to the hospital.

I think in our line of work, it's sometimes hard to stop thinking about "me" and how I feel.
sounds like a great read...going to go and buy it right now...I always want to be a happier person.............
daycare 08:18 AM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
sounds like a great read...going to go and buy it right now...I always want to be a happier person.............
just bought it for $4.00 yippie and thanks so much
dEHmom 08:30 AM 03-28-2012
well i borrowed it from the library lol.

i lost a bunch of books from my collection when kids spilled something, but i didn't know, and then sometime later i went to get a book and when i pulled them out, they were all mouldy!!!

it's very repetitive, he keeps repeating the same things over and over, but gives you examples of how to use this knowledge in everyday life.
SilverSabre25 08:36 AM 03-28-2012
heh I do that all the time. It makes my DH soooo annoyed when I'm constantly coming up with explanations beyond, "that person is a jerk and did it on purpose"
Reply Up