Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Jodi Picoult's Newest Book
Josiegirl 02:55 PM 11-02-2014
If anyone here is a Jodi Picoult fan, you've got to read her newest book! It's amazing! Title is Leaving Home and I've been reading it most of the weekend. A lot of things I never knew about elephants and as is the way with most of her books, a twist at the end. Can't wait to finish it tonight.
Silly Songs 08:20 PM 11-03-2014
I try to read most of her books. They usually have some aspect of law in them .
lovemykidstoo 06:52 AM 11-04-2014
I'm almost to the end of The Pact right now. Time is crazy right now, so it's taking me forever to read it. What's the book about?
Josiegirl 11:08 AM 11-04-2014
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I'm almost to the end of The Pact right now. Time is crazy right now, so it's taking me forever to read it. What's the book about?
A young girl tries to find her lost mother from 10 years ago, seeking help from an old detective from the original case and a psychic. Her mom worked at an elephant sanctuary and was a researcher on elephant grief so you learn a lot about elephants through out the book.

I had read the Pact years ago and just reread it a few weeks ago. I really enjoy her books.
Rockgirl 06:32 AM 03-18-2015
Have you read The Storyteller? Wow--so good! I love most of her books, but that one was really great.
Josiegirl 09:47 AM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Have you read The Storyteller? Wow--so good! I love most of her books, but that one was really great.
Another one of her great books, but it's one I need to reread because I know I missed some things the first time. Sometimes the 2nd time you read a book, it makes more sense, KWIM?
nothingwithoutjoy 01:32 PM 03-18-2015
Ooh, yes! I used to love all her books and gobble them up as soon as they came out. But they were starting to feel a little formulaic. But this new one--wow! I loved it.
Reply Up