Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Meals
TwinMama 10:18 AM 06-22-2015
What is the healthiest meal you make for your daycare kiddos?

Meal plans for this week?
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:08 AM 06-22-2015
I feel like most of my meals are healthy

AM- oats, bananas, milk
L- ground turkey (with shredded carrots cooked in) cheese on whole wheat tortillas- melted together, mixed veg- zucchini, onions, peppers and carrots, watermelon, milk
D- string cheese, whole wheat crackers, gr. beans. strawberries/ blueberries, milk

AM- pancakes (homemade) banana, milk
L- whole wheat macaroni with vegie sauce (peppers, onion, mushrooms, carrots in the spaghetti sauce- organic) greek yogurt, mixed berries
D- ham (nitrate free) whole wheat crackers, peas, watermelon

AM-WHole Wheat bread (toast) Cantaloupe, milk
L- Cheddar Cheese on Baked potatoes, whole wheat roll, Broccoli, Watermelon, milk
D- humus Rice Cakes, Mixed raw veg, bananas, milk

AM homemade scones with oats and raisins, banana, milk
L-Colby Jack Cheese, whole wheat tortillas, peas, watermelon, milk
D- Greek Yogurt, Wheat Crackers, Mixed raw veg, apples, milk

AM- Oats, banana, milk
L- Cheese pizza (Added veg in the sauce) red/ yellow peppers, Mixed fruit, milk
D- Humus, rice cakes, mixed raw vegies, apples, milk

If you go to albums and scroll down you can see food. I haven't taken pictures of their lunches in a while but it might give you some ideas. https://www.facebook.com/MrsSteinels...=photos_albums
Blackcat31 12:18 PM 06-22-2015
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
What is the healthiest meal you make for your daycare kiddos?

Meal plans for this week?
I moved your thread to the meals and snack ideas section....
Josiegirl 02:53 PM 06-22-2015
Once in awhile I'll serve salmon but sadly not enough kids like it to spend that kind of money for lunches. I do try to serve fish once a week and chicken a couple times, then pizza and the last day either leftovers or sandwiches.
For lunch today we had Swiss steak, whole wheat rolls, sweet potatoes, fresh green beans and strawberries. Course the strawberries and rolls were eaten all up. The rest...not so much.
BumbleBee 05:45 PM 06-22-2015
Healthiest? Probably baked fish or chicken w/wild rice

Least healthy, hot dogs w/mac & cheese.

We're having hot dogs w/mac & cheese, fish w/wild rice, chicken w/noodles, meatballs & spaghetti, and grilled cheese sandwiches this week. No idea on which day each one will be I just kind of go with the flow.
Tags:meals
Reply Up