Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Carpet Issues
midaycare 01:38 PM 02-07-2017
I have a pic attached of a carpet problem I'm having. I have 2 doorways this is happening in. Any suggestions?
Attached: 20170207_163147.jpg (1.27 MB) 
Mike 02:03 PM 02-07-2017
A few options: (most to least expensive)

- replace the carpet
- re-stretch the carpet to come out to where it should be
- get a wide transition strip to refinish the edges
- take up the transition strip that's there now, cut a new straight edge back just far enough, and replace strip
- put down a strip of carpet or a throw rug to cover the edge
midaycare 02:12 PM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
A few options: (most to least expensive)

- replace the carpet
- re-stretch the carpet to come out to where it should be
- get a wide transition strip to refinish the edges
- take up the transition strip that's there now, cut a new straight edge back just far enough, and replace strip
- put down a strip of carpet or a throw rug to cover the edge
Lol to replacing the carpet. This bad boy better last 3 more years. I have small rugs there, but the kids always move them. I'm up for relicensing and afraid I will get hammered on that. It's a total safety issue.

I don't think I could restretch the carpet gar enough...so that leaves a super wide transition strip?
Gemma 02:30 PM 02-07-2017
Mike covered all I was going to say, except for duct-tape
midaycare 03:06 PM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by Gemma:
Mike covered all I was going to say, except for duct-tape
Duct tape the kids or...oh yeah, the carpet
lovemykidstoo 03:15 PM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I have a pic attached of a carpet problem I'm having. I have 2 doorways this is happening in. Any suggestions?
Give this a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuAtYWE6SfI
Pestle 04:06 PM 02-07-2017
It is horrible hotel carpet, isn't it?

Can you get a broadloom remnant free from a friend or neighbor and cut it the depth of the door frame, then cut your existing carpet and fill in the gap with the new carpet?

We tore up our old broadloom and threw down cheap commercial carpet tile from an overstock store that has all kinds of random products. It was less than $200 for a 12'x20' room and I have a box of tile left over in the attic for replacements. Never going back to broadloom!
Mike 04:29 PM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Give this a try.

There ya go. Just go to a hardware or flooring store and tell them the situation and you want a wide transition strip or other alternative to replace or cover the damage.
midaycare 05:29 AM 02-08-2017
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Give this a try.

Perfect! Thank you
Blackcat31 05:33 AM 02-08-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I have small rugs there, but the kids always move them.
We took small area rugs and actually tacked (carpet tacks not thumb tacks....lol!) them down.

No tripping over them and no moving them!

Super easy fix!
daycarediva 09:10 AM 02-08-2017
I would go with a wider transition strip (and maybe some duct tape on the carpet underneath it, bc duct tape fixes everything, right?
Mike 09:20 AM 02-08-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would go with a wider transition strip (and maybe some duct tape on the carpet underneath it, bc duct tape fixes everything, right?
My mother wholly agrees with you there. Seriously. If anything needs to be glued, screwed, patched, or held together: "where's the duct tape?"
Gemma 09:59 AM 02-08-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
My mother wholly agrees with you there. Seriously. If anything needs to be glued, screwed, patched, or held together: "where's the duct tape?"
I thought I was the only one
Tags:carpet issues, carpet repair
Reply Up