Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outdoor Changing Table??
jenboo 09:53 AM 02-09-2017
Now that it's finally a little warmer and I have scraped all the ice from our patio, we are back outside again.
I would really like an outdoor changing table. It's there any way to make to work? How would i go about washing hands??
Jupadia 10:55 AM 02-09-2017
I don't have an outdoor one and do diaper changes before we go out. In the summer when we are out longer I bring one diaper for each kid and a simple change pad and wipes. I also have hand sanitizer and use the hose water to clean my hands. Don't have any regulations so I don't have anything to work around there. I only do a change outside if they poop.
daycarediva 11:12 AM 02-09-2017
I have a mud kitchen with a working sink, and I bring a changing pad, plastic diaper bags, and wipes outside with us. I toss the pad down wherever, change the kiddo, bag it up and wash my hands.
Mom2Two 11:15 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I have a mud kitchen with a working sink, and I bring a changing pad, plastic diaper bags, and wipes outside with us. I toss the pad down wherever, change the kiddo, bag it up and wash my hands.
I'd love to see a picture of that. Do you mean that you have a hose to it or plumbing?
Mom2Two 11:17 AM 02-09-2017
We have an outdoor/field trip backpack that has a changing pad and some spare diapers, purell, diaper wipes, and plastic bags. It also has a first aid kit, so it's really handy for just packing around. We take it outside with us.

We are allowed to "wash hands" using a diaper wipe then purell. I also often have DH or 16 yo DS around to watch the kids while I duck inside.
daycarediva 11:30 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
I'd love to see a picture of that. Do you mean that you have a hose to it or plumbing?
Plumbing, working sink, sprayer included. (Dh is a plumber)
jenboo 11:54 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Plumbing, working sink, sprayer included. (Dh is a plumber)
Jealous! Our kitchen sink is against the wall to our backyard. I wonder how much it would cost to get a sink put on the other side so that we have hot water....
DaveA 12:43 PM 02-09-2017
I have a Rubbermaid container with the stuff like what Mom2Two has in her backpack. I keep it by the door in the sunroom.
DaveA 12:44 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Jealous! Our kitchen sink is against the wall to our backyard. I wonder how much it would cost to get a sink put on the other side so that we have hot water....
Possible but probably not a good idea. If/ when it freezes up you'll have a mess inside and out.
jenboo 12:45 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Possible but probably not a good idea. If/ when it freezes up you'll have a mess inside and out.
Didn't think about that!
jenboo 12:46 PM 02-09-2017
Thanks for the ideas! I'll have to contact the health department and see what the health department will allow.
Mike 01:34 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Unless you do like I did for someone. This family had an elderly mother that was staying with them and their washroom was upstairs. They wanted to convert an uninsulated back porch into a bathroom. They had 2 choices. Use it as a bathroom from March to October, or pay much more to have it insulated and heated. They wanted to go all out, but had another relative who would let the mother stay there for winter months, so I did the partial job.

You can put plumbing outside, but have to have inside shut off taps with bleeder valves so you can let the outside water drain out.

In the winter, you drain the supply lines, and pour some antifreeze in the drains, and in the spring, back to using it.
Tags:changing table, outdoor changing table
Reply Up