Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Velcro Issues
KayB 08:38 AM 02-09-2017
Just curious... do y'all ask the parents to bring velcro diapers/pullups or do y'all just use whatever they bring?
Cat Herder 08:45 AM 02-09-2017
I have never heard of a velcro diaper.

I use what they bring and supply what they don't.
childcaremom 08:49 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by KayB:
Just curious... do y'all ask the parents to bring velcro diapers/pullups or do y'all just use whatever they bring?
I use what they bring. But if something wasn't working I would request a specific brand/type.
LysesKids 09:12 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I have never heard of a velcro diaper.

I use what they bring and supply what they don't.
There's a type of cloth diaper that uses velcro instead of snaps; I absolutely hate them & explain to the parents why I won't use them... I have no problem with snap diapers but velcro wears out too fast & won't stay shut after awhile
KayB 09:24 AM 02-09-2017
Isn't that what it is on diapers velcro? It may be called something else lol
daycarediva 09:24 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
There's a type of cloth diaper that uses velcro instead of snaps; I absolutely hate them & explain to the parents why I won't use them... I have no problem with snap diapers but velcro wears out too fast & won't stay shut after awhile
I supply disposables bc I'm picky and hate cheap diapers. Cloth I WILL use AIO's or pockets only.
CalCare 10:14 AM 02-09-2017
Remember how disposables used to be sticky tabs not velcro? Haha no mess ups, no do-overs. They taped on, so you had to do it right tbe first time hehe
jenboo 11:56 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I supply disposables bc I'm picky and hate cheap diapers. Cloth I WILL use AIO's or pockets only.
I supply disposables as well. Ill use any cloth diaper.
JayB14 12:56 PM 02-09-2017
I use Velcro pull-ups. so much easier than the one where you have to take off the shoes and pants to put a fresh pull up on.
ain't nobody got time for that.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 02:04 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
IME with my own cloth diapers, when this happens its usually a build-up of lint and such in the velcro. I would go through every so often and have to clean them out (comb or stiff brush to get it started and then just pull it out). Can be a tedious task, but I also preferred velcro over snaps because I felt like a got a better fit. I would just tell the parents they need to clean the velcro when this happens.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 02:06 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by KayB:
Isn't that what it is on diapers velcro? It may be called something else lol
They're marketed as "hook and loop" rather than "velcro" (for the cloth diapers anyway)... because, you know, we have to invent new terms for everything when it pertains to baby products.
284878 02:36 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
They're marketed as "hook and loop" rather than "velcro" (for the cloth diapers anyway)... because, you know, we have to invent new terms for everything when it pertains to baby products.
Velcro is a name brand, hook and loop is what the product is. If they did not use the velcro brand then the have to refer to it as hook and loop (or the brand they did use)
KayB 03:17 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by JayB14:
I use Velcro pull-ups. so much easier than the one where you have to take off the shoes and pants to put a fresh pull up on.
ain't nobody got time for that.
Exactly!!
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 03:39 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by 284878:
Velcro is a name brand, hook and loop is what the product is. If they did not use the velcro brand then the have to refer to it as hook and loop (or the brand they did use)
Gotcha. Kind of like it's not kleenex its a tissue; not a bandaid its an adhesive bandage.
284878 04:00 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
Gotcha. Kind of like it's not kleenex its a tissue; not a bandaid its an adhesive bandage.
Exactly
Lovatic24 08:58 AM 02-10-2017
I also provide diapers. It's so much easier for me to keep track of it myself instead of hounding parents. And it's another reason to go to Target! (I use Target brand diapers)
Tags:diaper, diaper issues
Reply Up