Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Assault and Battery
Unregistered 11:04 AM 02-19-2017
I live in the state of Massachusetts, and my son was charged with a misdemeanor assault and battery when he was 12, for throwing by a teaspoon. He sent bed 18 mo probation and finishe in April of 2014. He is now 19, and they don't want him to be on the premises during daycare hours. He has had a clean record. And he has been on the premises since the assault and battery charges. I tried to appeal it, they wouldn't even let me talk, they had already made their decision. It was a phone pretrial hearing. I was told that if I appeal it it will be looked at by a magistrate, that will have a fresh set of eyes, and won't know either party. During the pre-trial conference, the magistrate was asking the lawyer from the state of mass how she's been because she was sick. The magistrate also was working out of her home because she couldn't make it to the office that day. She didn't even have my case file in front of her. But still ruled for the state of mass. I want to know what I can do to try and be able to keep my son home where he lives. Thank you.
e.j. 08:41 PM 02-19-2017
Maybe consult a lawyer to see if you have any other options.
Good luck.
DaveA 04:11 AM 02-20-2017
At this point your best option to speak to a lawyer. They'll be able to let you know your options and how to proceed.
Tags:assault, criminal history
Reply Up