Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Children's Book Funny
AfterSchoolMom 08:27 AM 04-27-2011
I'm getting one of these books to read to my kids at night! (Warning, contains language. Don't click the link if language offends you.)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1617750255/..._x61Tnb02EKBS1
KEG123 11:12 AM 04-27-2011
Wow... I couldn't imagine reading that to a child...

eta: and "language" does not offend me. I just believe that "type" of language has no place around children.
daycare 11:30 AM 04-27-2011
lmao..........................ok I would never read that, but honestly that is what I wish I could say some times...................lol

too funny...

Gonna gift this to my DCF who's kid gets to stay up until midnight or 2am because they don't put their child to bed until they go to bed...

totally joking, but could you imagine their faces if i did...........lmao

DBug 11:35 AM 04-27-2011
I hate the language (whether it's for kids OR adults), but I can definitely understand the author's frustration (some days more than others)!!
AfterSchoolMom 12:01 PM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
Wow... I couldn't imagine reading that to a child...

eta: and "language" does not offend me. I just believe that "type" of language has no place around children.
I was of course kidding. The book isn't really meant for children, and I'd never actually read it to a child.
KEG123 12:21 PM 04-27-2011
Well you said you were going to read it to your kids at night, so I had to question if you would really read it to them? Anyways, I get it's supposed to be funny... My kid is 3 so I'd never read that book to him!
AfterSchoolMom 12:41 PM 04-27-2011
Sorry, I should have included a disclaimer. I have a pretty sarcastic sense of humor, I guess that didn't come through.
daycare 12:43 PM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
Sorry, I should have included a disclaimer. I have a pretty sarcastic sense of humor, I guess that didn't come through.
lmao I found it to be super funny...... but not everyone has the same sense of humor and thats ok... Thank god I did not see this on saturday I was a crab....lol super crabby witch...... yes you can blame PMS.....Putting up with mens..........

oh no...sorry mike....please don't hate me...it was a joke........ see my halo and wings???lol
jen2651 05:16 PM 04-27-2011
I thought it was super funny, but i'm sick like that too. Of course I would never ever read it to my kids.
AfterSchoolMom 05:55 PM 04-27-2011
Good, I was starting to feel bad for finding it so funny!
Childminder 07:03 PM 04-27-2011
I thought it was funny and understood your tongue in cheek humor. Some people take life way to seriously.

I sent the bookcover to my husband and he asked if this is something I was writing.
GretasLittleFriends 07:08 PM 04-27-2011
Unfortunately sarcasm doesn't come through the computer screen nearly as well as it does in person. I have the same issue sometimes different places.

Needless to say, I saw the book and just started howling. If you've met my 6 yr old DS, you would understand why I found it so amusing.

On a side note, one of my dcb's (2y 7mo) has learned a new word. He points at trucks (any size) and calls them fuks. Sometimes it comes out fruk. Some how I find that this book may not quite be suitable for him. LOL
GretasLittleFriends 07:19 PM 04-27-2011
Unfortunately sarcasm doesn't come through the computer screen nearly as well as it does in person. I have the same issue sometimes different places.

Needless to say, I saw the book and just started howling. If you've met my 6 yr old DS, you would understand why I found it so amusing.

On a side note, one of my dcb's (2y 7mo) has learned a new word. He points at trucks (any size) and calls them fuks. Sometimes it comes out fruk. Some how I find that this book may not quite be suitable for him. LOL
AfterSchoolMom 04:51 AM 04-28-2011
Haha! Mine used to call frogs "focks". We have video of him saying that, pointing at a frog book, over and over and over while we crack up in the background. He MAY have been 15 months.
daycare 03:04 PM 04-28-2011
Haha! Mine used to call frogs "focks". We have video of him saying that, pointing at a frog book, over and over and over while we crack up in the background. He MAY have been 15 months.
lmao I thought that i was the only weird one who did that... i have a DCG that cant pronounce her SPs so she will say look at my sparkly shoes and it comes out look at my fugly shoes............i almost peed my pants

at halloween, her dad had a smoking pumpkin........yup she came to my house and said My daddy got a $$cking pumpkin last night............lmao you should have seen my eyes.... I took video of it and sent it to her mom and dad....I think we laughed about it for a week....

oh and i cant forget the beach.bench.......I asked her do you see the lady sitting on the beach in a bench.....she siad the lady sat on the B$$ch.........too funny
countrymom 05:47 PM 04-28-2011
acually I have sick families who would absolutely love that book and would laugh and laugh. I love these families they always make my day.
melskids 03:10 AM 04-29-2011
we were at a carnival when my oldest was 4. he had speech issues too.

he went up to a booth and asked the nice lady for "co*k & candy" instead of cotton candy.

i was mortified to say the least
Blackcat31 07:44 AM 04-29-2011
I love when little kids don't say things correctly...well they say them right but it sounds wrong! It is sooo cute!

When my DD was 3 she used to call my Brother-in-law Tim and his girlfriend Betsy, "Ugly Tim and Bitchy"
daycare 07:47 AM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I love when little kids don't say things correctly...well they say them right but it sounds wrong! It is sooo cute!

When my DD was 3 she used to call my Brother-in-law Tim and his girlfriend Betsy, "Ugly Tim and Bitchy"
lmao that is soooo funny... question is was besty bitchy??
Blackcat31 07:50 AM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
lmao that is soooo funny... question is was besty bitchy??
Not in the least! She is the nicest warmest friendliest person ever! Always has a smile on her face so that is probably why it was so funny! .....and Tim wasn't ugly either..lol!!
daycare 07:52 AM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Not in the least! She is the nicest warmest friendliest person ever! Always has a smile on her face so that is probably why it was so funny! .....and Tim wasn't ugly either..lol!!
lol that is so cute... how old is she now? bet she will get a kick out of that story
Tags:books, funny, funny - book
Reply Up