Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Its a Small World Afterall...
Breezy 09:11 PM 04-24-2012
I e-mailed a Craigslist poster today needing part time childcare for her 13 month old. She e-mailed me back pretty much right away and the mom is a woman that rented a room from us in 2009 that we had a lot of issues with. Her room was always a disaster and she paid us ONCE on time and then never again.

We told her that if she wasn't going to pay she needed to move out. She got all upset and left that night and gave our key back and said she would be there to pick up her things the next day. She never came. So, I contacted her a few days later and said we would not hold her things indefinately and she needed to find a time to come and get them that worked well for my husband and I.

DH and I were out grocery shopping one night and I got a call from a police officer who said he was at my home with this woman and wanted to pick up the things we were "holding hostage" They waited until we got home and she picked up small things but left a TV, dresser, and a ton of other stuff. Heard nothing from her for weeks so we started to clean the room out and she flipped again after I told her she had _____ many days or it was going in the trash. She said whatever keep it all then.

A few weeks later we had a rock thrown through our master bedroom window in the middle of the night. It hit me in the head (softball sized) and I got a concussion. We always speculated it was her that threw the rock.

What a small world!! We have e-mailed back and forth a few times and she is acting like it never happened. My DH keeps asking if I am considering taking care of her kid. NO WAY! After all the headache she put us through I would be crazy to enroll her son. Not to mention she is looking for 3om-9pm which are hours that I am with my family and I am not going to work 14 hour days just to enroll another kid. Not to mention her posting was extremely vague as she didn't want her previous provider to contact her through it. DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA!!
Kaddidle Care 04:39 AM 04-25-2012
Why waste your time with more emails? I would sever contact immediately before she thinks you are actually considering it. You don't need that nut job around your house again.
Crazy8 04:40 AM 04-25-2012
RUN, RUN, RUN!!!!! I wouldn't even continue to email with her.
Sunshine44 04:58 AM 04-25-2012
I agree with both previous posters. RUN! Hide! haha. Crazy lady. Sorry she caused you that much hassle before!
Blackcat31 06:40 AM 04-25-2012
next!!!!!!!
Breezy 09:18 AM 04-25-2012
She was more so talking about herself. I guess in my paranoid mind I was thinking if I piss her off she will do something crazy again. I don't know. But I just stopped emailing and didn't hear anything back so far. Whew. So weird. Brings back all the memories of being in the hospital for hours with a bad concussion and the glass all over in my hair and my skin!!
Reply Up