Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Mother Goose Time
My3cents 10:50 AM 09-16-2013
Anyone doing Mother Goose Time?

If so how is it going? How are you liking it? Comments etc...

For myself I am liking it a lot so far. It is giving me some great ideas to run with and I love how colorful everything is and am not seeing $ at the thought of copying everything. Saving me time, fun for the kids. I am not finding it to be cookie cutter- but I don't let it get that way myself and am finding it to be full of a balance of open ended and slight non-invasive structure. We are liking it so far. Kids are excited to see what will be next, what will we do. Prep time is wonderful.

Cons- I don't like the price- I do tell myself if I had to run around to collect all those supplies, copies, ink etc... I would probably be saving money. I am being cautious to stay out of the stores and use what I have and not spend a lot of extra money towards my program, use what I have.

First time trying this and am looking to hear how everyone else is doing, both new like me, and seasoned users????
nanglgrl 11:01 AM 09-16-2013
I subscribed to 2 months last year and we're reusing a lot of the stuff right now. I found it to be expensive (but you're probably right about saving money in the end). I could justify the expense when I wad full but when I only have 5 enrolled its not worth the cost. For me it also had too many crafts and stuff to do with my younger crowd (2-3 year). With most of the crafts you can just give the kids the supplies a little direction and they can make it themselves but it usually looks nothing like what it's supposed to (which was fine by me). If I tried to fit everything they suggested in a day the kids would have no free play. I wish they had a 2 or 3 day a week curriculum at half the price...then I would buy it again.
Michael 09:28 PM 09-16-2013
We have a lot of threads on MGT https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...her+goose+time
Familycare71 06:28 AM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I subscribed to 2 months last year and we're reusing a lot of the stuff right now. I found it to be expensive (but you're probably right about saving money in the end). I could justify the expense when I wad full but when I only have 5 enrolled its not worth the cost. For me it also had too many crafts and stuff to do with my younger crowd (2-3 year). With most of the crafts you can just give the kids the supplies a little direction and they can make it themselves but it usually looks nothing like what it's supposed to (which was fine by me). If I tried to fit everything they suggested in a day the kids would have no free play. I wish they had a 2 or 3 day a week curriculum at half the price...then I would buy it again.
Me too! I always had left overs and I felt like it was too much. I didn't re order this yr because I only have one that is pre school age and I felt like I was wasting too much. We will be doing print outs and some of the crafts I have left over
My3cents 11:13 AM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I like the part that they give you a ton of options to run with. I can pick and choose what will work for my group. A three day a week curriculum would be ideal, but again if something doesn't work for the day we move onto something else.
originalkat 07:07 PM 09-20-2013
We used the June Zoo theme all summer. LOVED IT!
Then we started with September and I have an order in for Oct-Dec. It is expensive, but honestly I have so much on my plate right now that I need everything planned out and ready or it doesn't get done. We really like it so far as well. Lots of cute but educational activities. We will stick with it for awhile I think.
My3cents 10:29 AM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by originalkat:
Then we started with September and I have an order in for Oct-Dec. It is expensive, but honestly I have so much on my plate right now that I need everything planned out and ready or it doesn't get done. We really like it so far as well. Lots of cute but educational activities. We will stick with it for awhile I think.
You sound like me. I enjoyed putting my own curriculum together but I was headed for a bit of burn out with it. I found it to consume me and my off time. I also found it expensive. I needed to find a way to condense my work load a little. I am loving it so far. I have to keep it in check that I don't have to do everything and can pick and choose. It is expensive, but when I think about all the running around I was doing buying supplies and making copies and the money I spent for all of that, it is actually probably a bit cheaper in the long run. I would go to the store for glue and end up with this and that all things I felt would go good with whatever theme I was doing. Then the other stuff that I didn't need but looked good when your out and about and in the store. I have most of the basic stuff needed and don't have that need to go as much to get supplies. I like that everything is in color. The kids are loving it most of all. If I found they were not liking it I wouldn't be doing it and would go back to my old way. I like that there is a community of others for support on the facebook and hopefully here too that are using the program. I can still add my own flare to the program if I want to and that is just in me to do that anyway. I don't find the crafts to be too much or cookie cutter, or non child lead. The program is what you make of it and I am enjoying it with my littles. I am planning to stick with it for a while too. Thanks for the input, hope to hear from more peeps using it and feedback. So far what has been your favorite part of Septembers box? My group really liked the book, My Dad drives a Tuk Tuk Truck
My3cents 10:31 AM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by originalkat:
I wanted to say that I like the idea of picking one box and making it last for the summer. I tend to like to do more outside stuff and relax a bit more on school stuff during the summer. Again thank you for the input
LK5kids 03:01 AM 09-26-2013
I wish they had a simple version also. I don't want or need any of the basic teaching stuff......calendar pieces, shape/color cards, books, etc. I have PLENTY of that kind of stuff!
My3cents 11:59 AM 09-26-2013
Originally Posted by LK5kids:
I wish they had a simple version also. I don't want or need any of the basic teaching stuff......calendar pieces, shape/color cards, books, etc. I have PLENTY of that kind of stuff!
I have found it challenging to figure out where to put everything and include what I already have. I have a huge wall calender/circle time center. I do like that I can switch it around with the stuff they send.

I like that I can pick and choose what to use and what works for my group. There is enough if I want to make it a long day or if I want to shorten it up and just do a few things. I am liking it a lot so far.

Anyone else doing Mother Goose Time? Would love to hear more of the day to day happenings from others using the program. I thought a lot of people were doing this program here.
Tags:mother goose time
Reply Up