Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>What Can I Make For Lunch Using Cooked Ground Beef?
melilley 06:29 AM 03-13-2014
Does anyone have any suggestions of something yummy that I can make with ground beef? Anything besides spaghetti and I'm out of cheese so it can't have cheese in it. The beef is already cooked.
I'm having a moment and can't think of anything...lol
Thanks!
cara041083 06:34 AM 03-13-2014
tater tot casserole? I make mine with hamburger, cream of mushroom soup, and tater tots on top. I normally top with cheese but you don't have to have it.
cara041083 06:36 AM 03-13-2014
Or goolosh. Mac and cheese tomato, sauce and hamburger
Scout 06:42 AM 03-13-2014
This homemade cheeseburger mac is quite good and a little on the healthy side since it's homemade and has diced tomatoes(I use reg diced can, not rotel). You can make it less spicy by adding less taco seasoning.

http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipe...-macaroni.html
melilley 07:07 AM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by Scout:
This homemade cheeseburger mac is quite good and a little on the healthy side since it's homemade and has diced tomatoes(I use reg diced can, not rotel). You can make it less spicy by adding less taco seasoning.

http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipe...-macaroni.html
Looks good! I don't have cheese, I used it all last night for dinner. I'll have to make that next week!
melilley 07:08 AM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by cara041083:
Ooh goolash! I think that's what I'll make!
melilley 07:08 AM 03-13-2014
Do you think it would be gross if I mixed the hamburger with salsa and tomato sauce?
NeedaVaca 07:12 AM 03-13-2014
Stuffed bell peppers
Sloppy Joes
Shepard's Pie
Cat Herder 07:36 AM 03-13-2014
Easy Beef Turnovers:

mix browned ground beef with tomato sauce, finely diced sweet onion (or dehydrated onion), and garlic powder (even salsa). Mix it thick, not runny, like most do for sloppy joes. Roll out favorite dough mix (or canned biscuits/crescents whatever you have) into a circle, fill, fold, crimp edges with fork, bake.

This works for most meats, cheeses, fruits, etc. Use your imagination (faux crab, chives and cream cheese are a favorite here). It is a go to, easy, kid friendly, option.

They will look something like this:
Attached: beef turnover.jpg (11.4 KB) 
daycare 07:38 AM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by cara041083:
sorry I am slow, what is goolosh?
cara041083 07:42 AM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:

Its actually spelled Goulash lol. My phone auto corrected me.
cara041083 07:43 AM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
Do you think it would be gross if I mixed the hamburger with salsa and tomato sauce?
I have never tried it but I think it would be good! My mom always made it easy and simple because growing up she worked and didn't have time to add a bunch of stuff to it.
melilley 08:16 AM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Easy Beef Turnovers:

mix browned ground beef with tomato sauce, finely diced sweet onion (or dehydrated onion), and garlic powder (even salsa). Mix it thick, not runny, like most do for sloppy joes. Roll out favorite dough mix (or canned biscuits/crescents whatever you have) into a circle, fill, fold, crimp edges with fork, bake.

This works for most meats, cheeses, fruits, etc. Use your imagination (faux crab, chives and cream cheese are a favorite here). It is a go to, easy, kid friendly, option.

They will look something like this:
Yummy!
melilley 08:18 AM 03-13-2014
This is goulash, yes goulash, not goolosh..lol

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Classic-Goulash/

Sorry, I don't know how to pics from the internet on here..lol
daycare 08:35 AM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
This is goulash, yes goulash, not goolosh..lol

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Classic-Goulash/

Sorry, I don't know how to pics from the internet on here..lol
so almost like a casserole. I have never heard that word before.
looks interesting.

I don't serve ground beef, but I do serve ground chicken. do you think it would taste the same using ground chicken?
melilley 11:03 AM 03-13-2014
so almost like a casserole. I have never heard that word before.
looks interesting.

I don't serve ground beef, but I do serve ground chicken. do you think it would taste the same using ground chicken?
Hmmm probably! I have never eaten ground chicken!
llpa 11:48 AM 03-13-2014
Here's a quick and easy recipe.. Mix cooked ground beef w canned pork n beans.
Add about a quarter cup ketchup and a tsp of onion powder. You can also chop up green peppers and add those. If you like it a little sweeter, add a TBS of brown sugar. I have no knowledge of the food program so not sure if these ingreds are on the list. We call this our cowboy trail dinner
sahm1225 11:28 AM 03-14-2014
- Taco casserole (mix the beef with a can of chili beans. Top with crushed potato chips. I usually add salsa and sour cream too)

- Mac n cheese w beef

- hamburger stew (add can of tomato soup, corn, diced potatoes, garlic and a can of water. Summer until potatoes are done. I usually add a cup of frozen peas at the end)

-
Sunchimes 07:47 PM 03-14-2014
German spaghetti
1 pound ground meat, browned until done
1 can stewed tomatoes (I either mash them up with a potato masher or throw them in a blender for a second to break up the large chunks of tomato or I used petite diced tomatoes)
cooked spaghetti
salt and pepper
chopped onion

Brown meat and onion while spaghetti cooks.
Add in tomatoes, salt and pepper. Then add cooked spaghetti.

I serve this sprinkled with canned parmesan cheese. My kids love it!

For a variation, I used egg noodles instead of spaghetti and throw in a can of chili beans.
hwichlaz 08:39 PM 04-15-2014
Beef and bean burritos.
Tags:ground beef, menu, recipe
Reply Up