Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sink Question
flying_babyb 04:15 PM 08-20-2017
So I work in Wisconsin in a medium sized center. We have a infant room that most often has 1 year olds. We have a child sized sink in the room. This sink has no warm water just cold. Teachers are told to "just hold them up at the big sink". Is this legal according to state? Just wondering (and dont have state regs handy)
CalCare 06:51 PM 08-20-2017
I'm not familiar with Wisconsin, as I am in CA. But, I'm wondering what you're asking. I'm confused. Are you asking if it's allowed to lift the child to the adult sink? I can't see why it wouldn't be allowed. I mean, doesn't seem ideal, but seems reasonable under the circumstances.
flying_babyb 07:41 PM 08-20-2017
Im just thinking that somehow having a child sized sink that does get used without hot water is not ok.
eta: guess I was wrong (but the statute wont post)
Leigh 07:48 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
Im just thinking that somehow having a child sized sink that does get used without hot water is not ok.
We are encouraged (not required) to turn off the hot water supply in the kids' handwashing sink. The state is obsessed with kids getting burned by warm water.
hwichlaz 07:11 AM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
We are encouraged (not required) to turn off the hot water supply in the kids' handwashing sink. The state is obsessed with kids getting burned by warm water.
yeah, that
Blackcat31 07:13 AM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
Hot water isn't specifically required here either but licensing would suggest getting an appropriate step stool (for age/size) verses just trying to hold them AND wash hands at the same time.

I've always been told soap is what cleans the hands/kills the germs, not the temp of the water.
Reply Up