Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question for Nebraska Providers
NiNi.R. 12:53 PM 08-09-2017
Hello! I'm a provider located in Kansas. My little brother who moved to Nebraska not long ago recently had his first child. We were talking about the home daycare he would be using and I asked if he got all his paperwork filled out and what all it required. I was curious the difference between states. The conversation went like this..

Brother: No. what paperwork?
Me: You know...like enrollment paperwork. Child/parent information forms, health history, immunization records, etc.
Brother: We didn't get anything like that.
Me: Is she licensed?
Brother: She said she is.
Me: But did you see an actual license.
Brother: No

So like I mentioned I'm not familiar with regulations in Nebraska but this sounds fishy to me? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you in advance!
Leigh 02:30 PM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by NiNi.R.:
Hello! I'm a provider located in Kansas. My little brother who moved to Nebraska not long ago recently had his first child. We were talking about the home daycare he would be using and I asked if he got all his paperwork filled out and what all it required. I was curious the difference between states. The conversation went like this..

Brother: No. what paperwork?
Me: You know...like enrollment paperwork. Child/parent information forms, health history, immunization records, etc.
Brother: We didn't get anything like that.
Me: Is she licensed?
Brother: She said she is.
Me: But did you see an actual license.
Brother: No

So like I mentioned I'm not familiar with regulations in Nebraska but this sounds fishy to me? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you in advance!
He should only have to call licensing and ask if she is licensed. It's not that uncommon for someone to lie about it. In my state, you can just search that info online on the DSS website
Unregistered 06:59 PM 08-09-2017
http://dhhs.ne.gov/publichealth/Page..._chcindex.aspx
Blackcat31 07:02 PM 08-09-2017
Here is Daycare. com's link to Nebraska info too:
https://www.daycare.com/nebraska/
NiNi.R. 11:21 AM 08-11-2017
Thanks! It's no surprise that they found she is not licensed.
Leigh 11:36 AM 08-11-2017
Originally Posted by NiNi.R.:
Thanks! It's no surprise that they found she is not licensed.
Glad you were able to find out! There are MANY GREAT providers who are unlicensed, but the ones who lie about are DEFINITELY ones to stay away from!
NiNi.R. 11:48 AM 08-11-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Glad you were able to find out! There are MANY GREAT providers who are unlicensed, but the ones who lie about are DEFINITELY ones to stay away from!
That's exactly what I said when he mentioned maybe she doesn't have to have one because she only watches a few kids.
Tags:kansas member, nebraska requirements
Reply Up