Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>How Long Does It Take
kayla 12:31 PM 04-02-2012
So after a big debate I ended up taking my taxes to an accountant here in town that gave me an estimate of 200-250. Well he originally told me it would take about a week, well I called today because friday would have been a week and he still wasn't finished processing my information... so my question is has this happened to any of you... how long does it normally take for your taxes to be completed??
sharlan 02:43 PM 04-02-2012
I FedEx'd mine to our accountant two weeks ago, haven't heard a word yet.
Michael 06:10 PM 04-02-2012
Originally Posted by kayla:
So after a big debate I ended up taking my taxes to an accountant here in town that gave me an estimate of 200-250. Well he originally told me it would take about a week, well I called today because friday would have been a week and he still wasn't finished processing my information... so my question is has this happened to any of you... how long does it normally take for your taxes to be completed??
Several weeks and it costs me $600. I get money back so I can wait.
daycare123 05:36 AM 04-03-2012
it took my accountant a couple days and we paid her 350 dollars. we took ours in the beginning of february. i would imagine that accountants are pretty busy with the end of tax season coming up. did you ask for an estimated date they would be done?
mema 10:43 AM 04-03-2012
Mine took about a week. I had them in fairly early tho. I think most are fairly busy right now with people turning them in. Just give them a call and inquire about it. The worst that would happen is they say they aren't done, but at least you'll know!
itlw8 10:51 AM 04-03-2012
depends you have everything totaled or in a box. Any thing I have a question on I put on a slip of paper with the cost date and what it is... then they tell me where it goes. or we discuss if it is deductible.

mine are done before we leave the office so 1/2 hour. Everything id put into the computer and we check to make sure everything is there. ... then the next day it is checked and then efiled. I had my refund in less than a week after that.

I had a new person a few things he said made me uncomfortable so I had the owner double check and everything was fine BUT I requested I not get him next year unless he has some training on family childcare.... so I guess I will pay more for an appt with the owner.
kayla 12:30 PM 04-03-2012
yeah I did get an estimate of time, he said it would only take a week thats why I am a bit worried, and I did call they said he was still processing some of the info... Guess i'm just worried if they will get done in time, and I guess how much I will have to pay in....
kayla 03:19 PM 04-06-2012
wow!! so I just went and paid 237 for my taxes and turns out I owe 1619 to federal and 83 to state.... I gues my question is how do all these daycares get money back??? what do I need to do??? I only made 22,000.... ughhh stressed Im going on maternity leave oh yeah this is gonna help making no money and owing money to the state and feds... woopy
Country Kids 03:39 PM 04-06-2012
wow!! so I just went and paid 237 for my taxes and turns out I owe 1619 to federal and 83 to state.... I gues my question is how do all these daycares get money back??? what do I need to do??? I only made 22,000.... ughhh stressed Im going on maternity leave oh yeah this is gonna help making no money and owing money to the state and feds... woopy
Did you write anything off? I would really question that! That seems alot sense you made so little. Is there anyway you could have someone else look at it?
kayla 07:39 AM 04-10-2012
I did have write offs but i'm so irritated... I don't know if its even worth doing if i'm going to owe this much every year, and im confused on where im supposed to go
MarinaVanessa 07:45 AM 04-10-2012
I did have write offs but i'm so irritated... I don't know if its even worth doing if i'm going to owe this much every year, and im confused on where im supposed to go
I am worried because I've NEVER had to pay taxes. Does your spouse make a TON of money?? My DH and I were worried originally because we thought we'd have to pay next year after we get married because once we do we'll get bumped into the next tax bracket but we talked to a tax consultant and as long as I stay below a yearly income we'll be fine. You should talk to one and ask for advice. You may also want to think about changing your tax preparer to one that specialized in family child care. Unless you didn't keep and include all of your expenses (including cleaning supplies and household items) there's no reason why you shouldn't get something back.
kayla 07:50 AM 04-10-2012
No he made less than I did.... I cannot afford to have someone else look at them at this point.... I already paid 237
Tags:tax filing, tax refund, tax return, taxes
Reply Up