Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christian Ladies..... (Earth Day)
youretooloud 05:21 PM 04-15-2012
I'm afraid to ask this anywhere else.

I don't really know much about earth day. I just try to be "earthy" all the time. I don't ever celebrate earth day.

I also don't teach Christianity because so many of my kids are of different religions. So, while I respect all religions, I don't observe any of them with the children.

Anyway... I saw a cute earth day project on facebook, and I linked it to my own facebook. I had two very religious aunts tell me "You can't teach an earth day project, it's new age.... we don't believe in earth day". Then they had a two way discussion about This New Age movement and Earth day.

So, tell me why earth day is offensive? I'm probably not going to do it... but, I want to know why. I'm not ABOUT to ask my aunts why... I don't want an open debate on my facebook, since some of my friends are Buddhist, some are Hippies, some are Muslim..and I just don't want to start it on there.

http://www.teachpreschool.org/2012/0...a-little-spin/ <--the project. I think it's mostly the book that offends them.

And, by the way. I am 100% fine with how they feel. I was not offended at all by their comments, and I would go to any length to defend them. I just want to understand why.
Tags:earth day
Up