Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would It Be Wrong...
SilverSabre25 02:03 PM 07-30-2014
...to open the door, hand the child out, and say, "Have fun!" before shutting it and locking it as quick as can be? Kid is driving me nuts today.

The absolute worst offender is my own son though. Ain't no one relieving me of THAT duty.
daycare 02:13 PM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
...to open the door, hand the child out, and say, "Have fun!" before shutting it and locking it as quick as can be? Kid is driving me nuts today.

The absolute worst offender is my own son though. Ain't no one relieving me of THAT duty.
a parent always jokes with me to just leave them with a beer and an ipad on the curb when they get too much to handle......

that was my day yesterday....ggeeeerrrrr
Janiam 02:55 PM 07-30-2014

I really sympathize with those who have their own children in the DC especially during the summer crazies. While it's great to be able to spend the summer with them it can be very trying at times. I have been doing DC for 20 years, my son is 18 and working at a center before going to college this fall and my daughter is 15 and my assistant this summer. I never thoght during those early years that it would turn out this way, but boy they are awesome kids. Hang in there, being raised in a DC can have great results.
Josiegirl 03:00 PM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by Janiam:
I really sympathize with those who have their own children in the DC especially during the summer crazies. While it's great to be able to spend the summer with them it can be very trying at times. I have been doing DC for 20 years, my son is 18 and working at a center before going to college this fall and my daughter is 15 and my assistant this summer. I never thoght during those early years that it would turn out this way, but boy they are awesome kids. Hang in there, being raised in a DC can have great results.
Haha yeh, as I've said before, being raised in a daycare makes for great birth control which is great for when they're too young but I hope I get grandkids some day.
KayB 03:00 PM 07-30-2014
Or you could hand your own son to your best daycare kids parent and say its trade kids day today see you tomorrow!
SilverSabre25 03:09 PM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by KayB:
Or you could hand your own son to your best daycare kids parent and say its trade kids day today see you tomorrow!
HA I LOVE THIS!!!! That's awesome.
DaveA 03:16 PM 07-30-2014
When DCPs pick up I've tried to run a 2-for-1 special with my own kids for years & no ones ever taken me up on it.
Meeko 03:23 PM 07-30-2014
I have one single DCD that is so awesome. His son can be a real handful at times. I just open the door and give him "the look". He knows it means his child has been he!! on wheels that day.
SilverSabre25 03:24 PM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
When DCPs pick up I've tried to run a 2-for-1 special with my own kids for years & no ones ever taken me up on it.
I put my three year old (the aforementioned son) up for sale or trade on FB today. So far no one has taken me up on that offer either. Go figure...
NightOwl 03:54 PM 07-30-2014
I also try to offer a 2 for 1! I don't understand why there are no takers...
Blackcat31 04:19 PM 07-30-2014
I have a sign in my entry way that says "Satisfaction guaranteed or double your kids back"

Funny, but I don't get many complaints.
Janiam 05:37 PM 07-30-2014
Take two, their small
CraftyMom 06:12 PM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have a sign in my entry way that says "Satisfaction guaranteed or double your kids back"

That's a good one! I need a sign like that!
SilverSabre25 06:48 PM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:

Originally Posted by Janiam:
Take two, their small

spinnymarie 07:38 PM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
My YDD loves to try to get in the van with DCF of 4 - maybe someday it will work
DaveA 04:15 AM 07-31-2014
I'm stealing that.
coolconfidentme 04:20 AM 07-31-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
But they want you to do a 2 for 1 pricing!!
mamamanda 06:27 AM 07-31-2014

Hilarious!
Kimskiddos 06:32 AM 07-31-2014
Funny thread!

I actually have two kiddos whose dcd's pick up and they never step foot inside the door! I just open it up, hug the kiddos goodbye and say have a good evening.

Those are my two favorite pick ups.
melilley 06:52 AM 07-31-2014

I have one, sometimes two that I would LOVE to do that to!
I also have my ds who just turned 2 and can be a little booger so I feel ya!
Reply Up