Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Scariest Craigslist Ad I've Seen
satcook 08:28 AM 10-20-2011
"my name is opal, i have attended 3 years in childcare works i am a honest person who cares for children. im trying to raise money to get a lawyer because the state took my baby. if anyone needs a babysitter call me at ****** . i am wiling to take what you can give for my services. call me please, i am 17 so i do attend school. my i can babysit mondays and fridays after 4:0PM, 0 saturdays and sundays when needed. i have classes on thursday and tuesday and wednesday but after 8:30PM, i am avalible too. "

Why would I let you take care of my child when the state has proven you unfit to care for your own child???
mismatchedsocks 08:30 AM 10-20-2011
WHAT? this has to be a joke!!! yikes.
littlemommy 08:31 AM 10-20-2011
Wow! She has guts to post that. Wonder how many calls she gets.
dave4him 08:31 AM 10-20-2011
Wow shes honest at least
misspollywog 08:32 AM 10-20-2011
This HAS to be a fake ad.

I am tempted to call lol!
2ndFamilyDC 08:36 AM 10-20-2011
No Way! OMG! how scary. I am sure she won't get any takers, maybe

someone will call child protective services on her.
MarinaVanessa 08:38 AM 10-20-2011
Seriously?!?! This just goes to show how people just really don't have common sense SMH. You're really going to try to take care of someones child and you think letting everyone know that you had YOUR child taken away is a great way to achieve this??? Oh man.
pfund2233 09:00 AM 10-20-2011
I called! Got a VM of what sounded like a younger women but it was really bad static. Needless to say I didn't leave a call back number tho! If it is legit hope nobody finds themselves so desperate with their kids to let her watch them!!!
dave4him 09:07 AM 10-20-2011
Tempting enough to report it
MarinaVanessa 09:08 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by pfund2233:
I called! Got a VM of what sounded like a younger women but it was really bad static. Needless to say I didn't leave a call back number tho! If it is legit hope nobody finds themselves so desperate with their kids to let her watch them!!!
YOU DID NOT, REALLY?! . I'm sort of tempted to call just to give her advice and recommend that she not put her private business out like that. That is really NOT a good way to get a child care job. I do have to hand it to her though, she IS in school trying to better herself and she IS trying to find work to fight for her daughter back. Don't get me wrong though, I am still shaking my head .
Blackcat31 09:10 AM 10-20-2011
You got VM because she is still in school. It's Friday.....so she won't be available until after 4.
pfund2233 09:58 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You got VM because she is still in school. It's Friday.....so she won't be available until after 4.
Oh Duh!!! Silly me!
themoorethemerrier 10:16 AM 10-20-2011
Wow. This is really sad... Desperation can drive some to do things that don't make sense.

I'm just a little shocked at everyone's response. I expected more compassion.
momofsix 11:00 AM 10-20-2011
When we were adopting our 2 daughters there were other people fighting "against" us. One very "vocal" family had their biological kids taken away from them too! They really thought they would be good parents?
dave4him 01:15 PM 10-20-2011
Least shes trying... who can say really unless you know her.
jen 02:04 PM 10-20-2011
Poor kid. Her writing may be what it is because English may not be her first language. She's clearly pretty desperate. Obviously, I don't think anyone is going to leave their kids with her, and I sure wouldn't, but I hope she gets the help she needs.

It's hard to say why she lost her kids...maybe she was homeless. Heck, look at that other poor woman whose children they took because she has cancer....
Blackcat31 03:13 PM 10-20-2011
Oh Duh!!! Silly me!
LOL!! It must be a long week for everyone because I said it was Friday before lunch and no one even noticed. Not even me....someone else pointed it out! LOL!!

....and people leave their kids with someone who doesn't even know what day it is!
dave4him 03:20 PM 10-20-2011
....and people leave their kids with someone who doesn't even know what day it is!
I ask my wife every morning what day is it? LOL i hear that
Reply Up