Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Write Off
care-care 08:47 AM 09-23-2011
Ok silly question, Im looking through my bills and I wondered if you deduct your press bill? I use the press to get fliers to make my grocery list to feed ?? Is it a yeah or a nay?
momofsix 10:33 AM 09-23-2011
Originally Posted by care-care:
Ok silly question, Im looking through my bills and I wondered if you deduct your press bill? I use the press to get fliers to make my grocery list to feed ?? Is it a yeah or a nay?
Hmmm, that's one I never thought of! I also use the coupons from the press for the groceries i buy so maybe. Usually I never actually get the time to read it! Hopefully Tom will chime in
TomCopeland 12:10 PM 09-23-2011
Okay, I confess I don't know what a press bill is.
Michael 12:11 PM 09-23-2011
That's a yes from me. Sounds like a deduction for advertising or office supplies. On second thought I may not know what a press bill is.
sharlan 09:11 PM 09-23-2011
I'm thinking maybe the newspaper.........
care-care 06:23 PM 09-25-2011
Sorry Newspaper subscription.. I get the gr press on sunday for the fliers to plan my shoppin and for coupons
momofsix 06:32 AM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
That's a yes from me. Sounds like a deduction for advertising or office supplies. On second thought I may not know what a press bill is.
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Okay, I confess I don't know what a press bill is.
That's so funny, must be a regional thing to call the newspaper "the Press"! I never know that!
kendallina 12:03 PM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by momofsix:
That's so funny, must be a regional thing to call the newspaper "the Press"! I never know that!
I'm from Michigan and had no idea what OP was talking about either...lol!
TomCopeland 12:50 PM 09-26-2011
I would not try to deduct a local newspaper as a business expense, despite the fact that you use it for coupons, etc. This is because it's primarily personal use and I've not had luck deducting it in IRS audits. I wouldn't even try to deduct part of the cost because the IRS will likely consider it too personal in nature.
Tags:deduction - advertising
Reply Up