Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Infant Feeding Schedule Form?
SunflowerMama 04:29 PM 07-08-2011
I'm starting new 3 month old Monday and I'm so excited! My state requires I keep a feeding schedule on file and adjust as necessary every 3 months.

I'm searching online to find something to send to the mom tonight for her to bring on Monday but I can't find one. If you haven't guessed I haven't had an infant yet and have only cared for those on table food.

Does anyone have a form they give families to fill out before coming or do you just have them type up a typical schedule and bring that with them.

If you have a form and would be willing to share I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much!
Meeko 04:35 PM 07-08-2011
Ugh! More government forms! I get so tired of them.

Here...I feed infants on demand so a form would be useless...the babies make their own schedules really while very small. They eventually fall into OUR routine after that.
nannyde 04:48 PM 07-08-2011
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
I'm starting new 3 month old Monday and I'm so excited! My state requires I keep a feeding schedule on file and adjust as necessary every 3 months.

I'm searching online to find something to send to the mom tonight for her to bring on Monday but I can't find one. If you haven't guessed I haven't had an infant yet and have only cared for those on table food.

Does anyone have a form they give families to fill out before coming or do you just have them type up a typical schedule and bring that with them.

If you have a form and would be willing to share I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much!
What kind of schedule could you keep on file for a free feeding infant?
SunflowerMama 04:55 PM 07-08-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
What kind of schedule could you keep on file for a free feeding infant?
I have no idea and that's why I'm a bit at a loss. I have a "getting to know my infant" form that just asks for basic information on the infant including when they typically eat, nap, etc. but the state says I must "obtain and follow written instructions that are signed and dated by the parent".
heyhun77 04:58 PM 07-08-2011
I wonder if they are looking more for a feeding plan that the parents fill out? I use one as a part of my infant social resume. It has space for tiny infant eating just formula all the way through starting solids and up until they are eating table foods. I can't upload my version that is in my enrollment packets but here is a link to one that is very similar.

http://www.earlyyearsmoorhead.com/ea...ume-infant.pdf

I do this with newly enrolled infants and then as needed. I keep the page with the individual foods listed in their cubby along with their daily report book so that the parents can update the solid foods list as they introduce items at home. I have them make a note in the daily report book (in their section they fill out in the morning) so I know I can purchase/prepare new foods for the child.
AnneCordelia 05:00 PM 07-08-2011
I would also want to know what the infant is eating before I make a schedule. At 3 months a formula fed baby can go 3-4 hours between feeds but a baby fed breastmilk will probably eat closer to every 2 hours.
SunflowerMama 05:05 PM 07-08-2011
Originally Posted by heyhun77:
I wonder if they are looking more for a feeding plan that the parents fill out? I use one as a part of my infant social resume. It has space for tiny infant eating just formula all the way through starting solids and up until they are eating table foods. I can't upload my version that is in my enrollment packets but here is a link to one that is very similar.

http://www.earlyyearsmoorhead.com/ea...ume-infant.pdf

I do this with newly enrolled infants and then as needed. I keep the page with the individual foods listed in their cubby along with their daily report book so that the parents can update the solid foods list as they introduce items at home. I have them make a note in the daily report book (in their section they fill out in the morning) so I know I can purchase/prepare new foods for the child.
This form looks great and I'm sure what they are looking for. I'll just tweak it a bit for my program. Thanks so much!!
Cat Herder 07:41 PM 07-08-2011
The provider shall secure from the parents infant formula and feeding plan for children under 1 year of age.

Child’s Name Child’s Birthday Date Plan Completed
_____________ ______________ ______________

What type of formula is used? ___________________________________________

Amount of formula to be given: ___________________________________________

Updated amounts of formula:
Date:___________
Date:___________
Date:____________

Instructions for the introduction of solid foods:

Food likes:

Food dislikes:

Does child take a pacifier? Yes  No If yes, when? _________________________________

Does your child have Allergies/Known Medical Conditions (Include any premixed formula)?  Yes  No
If yes, please list: ______________________________________________________________________

Your child will be placed on back to sleep per SIDS rules unless written doctor’s statement is provided.

CHILD’S SCHEDULE:

Breakfast_______
(approximate time) Type and approximate amount of food

Lunch _______

Dinner _______

Morning Nap ______ Afternoon Nap ________
(approximate time) (approximate time)

Infant feeding plan needs to be updated every three months, or as needed, in regards to adding new foods or other dietary changes with a new parent/guardian signature and date:

Parent/Guardian Signature____________ Date_____________
texascare 07:16 AM 06-04-2012
Here in Texas the state wants a feeding schedule every month until the child is 1yr of age. I just put down when the child eats, what they eats, etc and that is what they accept. Parents must sign it each month as well. When the state has come out they just check to see i have one...
Tags:feeding schedule, feeding schedule form, forms, infant, samples
Reply Up