Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Father's Day Ideas Anyone?
Josiegirl 03:21 AM 05-21-2017
I need help. Feeling very uninspired again.
Michael 11:54 AM 05-21-2017
Some previous threads on Father's Day Ideas: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...rs+day+-+ideas
MyAngels 11:39 AM 05-22-2017
I'm terrible with Father's day ideas for some reason, but last year I bought some clear bottles from Hobby Lobby with a cork, then gave my kids some parchment style paper and had them draw a treasure map with their picture at the beginning and their dad's picture at the end. I think I put something cutesy like "You're my favorite treasure" or something like that. I thought they were kind of hokey but the dads really seemed to like them.
flying_babyb 09:26 PM 05-23-2017
we did handprints on can cozies one year, bought a gross from dollar tree. We put googly eyes on there and made it look like a caught fish. Had some saying on the card like "fishing for a happy fathers day"

When is fathers day anyways? We got no papa's in our family!
bklsmum 07:52 AM 05-25-2017
We did shrinky dink hand/foot print key chains for Mother's Day in pink and purple and I am doing the same for father's day in blues...actually did them already when we did the Mother's Day ones.
bklsmum 07:53 AM 05-25-2017
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
we did handprints on can cozies one year, bought a gross from dollar tree. We put googly eyes on there and made it look like a caught fish. Had some saying on the card like "fishing for a happy fathers day"

When is fathers day anyways? We got no papa's in our family!
Sunday, June 18th!
daycarediva 09:39 AM 05-25-2017
I have no ideas, most of my dads are professional/white collar jobs so I was thinking about doing a tie card? idk. Then there's the dad who is a farmer and doesn't own a tie (his admission)....
Miss A 10:59 AM 05-25-2017
For Mother's Day all mom's got a terracotta flower pot with their LO's hand or footprints, and flowers. For Father's Day I am doing the Shrinky Dink keychains. These are the only two times a year we do big gifts, at Christmas we just do something small for the kids.
Unregistered 12:16 PM 05-25-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I have no ideas, most of my dads are professional/white collar jobs so I was thinking about doing a tie card? idk. Then there's the dad who is a farmer and doesn't own a tie (his admission)....

https://www.google.com/search?q=s+%2...UmtJPcAl8VBqM:

Doesn't even matter if they wear a tie
AmyKidsCo 12:43 PM 05-25-2017
I've done painted tools for a couple of years. Buy a tool with a wooden handle (hammer, paint brush, etc), sand lightly, have children paint with acrylic paint, write their name and year with Sharpie, then spray with clear coat to seal.

This year I'm doing another favorite - painted "garden stones." It's the same premise as the tools except I buy small pavers for the children to paint. I usually trace their hands on too, since there's enough room.
Josiegirl 02:53 PM 05-25-2017
We did painted stones last year for the dads, with their child's picture decoupaged on it. Some came out better than others. I like the idea of a tool and have them paint the wooden handle, although that could get costly couldn't it?
I don't know. I've got so much coming up that I'm finding it hard to even think about it.

If I decided to go with the kids painting tools, what could I have my 8 mo do?
flying_babyb 10:04 PM 05-25-2017
take a hammer , paint 8mo hand and have her "hold" it. Do a card that says "daddys helping hand" You can get hammers for a $1 each at harbor freight
Josiegirl 02:51 AM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
take a hammer , paint 8mo hand and have her "hold" it. Do a card that says "daddys helping hand" You can get hammers for a $1 each at harbor freight
Thank you for that!
Tags:fathers day, fathers day - ideas, fathers day gifts
Reply Up