Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Appendix!
DaycareDays126 06:00 PM 03-19-2017
This month has been a doozy! After spending last evening in excruciating pain, I went to the hospital. Turns out I had appendicitis and had to get my appendix removed! Have any of you dealt with this with your daycare? How long did you stay out of work for? They basically said a day or 2 but no lifting for up to 2 weeks! I certainly don't want to shut down for that long and I only have 2 little ones that may/will need to be picked up. If anyone could share their experience it would be greatly appreciated!
Mike 06:16 PM 03-19-2017
Nothing to share, but glad it got taken care of early enough.
Conoad 06:39 PM 03-19-2017
I had my gallbladder out (similar surgery) and did close for 2 weeks. My surgeon said lift nothing over 5 pounds. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
CityGarden 11:43 PM 03-19-2017
My mom had her appendix removed years ago and they took off work for 2 weeks could not even lift clothes into and out of the washers without pain for a bit. Not sure how you could manage that and stay open unless you hired a helper short -term.
DaveA 03:51 AM 03-20-2017
Good luck on the recovery. Never had the surgery myself, but with the people I know who have it took all of 2 weeks to get back to really functional and a bit longer to get back to 100%.
Blackcat31 06:39 AM 03-20-2017
I've never had major surgery of any kind so no advice but I do hope your recovery is quick and it doesn't throw too big of a wrench into your daycare routine.

Mom2hkn 08:51 AM 03-21-2017
I had my appendix removed in June of 2016. I couldn't lift for two weeks but I hired my friend to help during the awake hours. I also had my 15 year old son home during the day since he's homeschooled. I'm getting a hysterectomy in April and I'm much more worried about that surgery because the dr said no lifting for 6 to 8 weeks. If your surgery is laparoscopic your healing should be fairly quick and look for friends or family to help with the lifting. Good luck!
Reply Up