Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Usborne Reach For The Stars Book Drive?
Miss A 07:38 AM 08-18-2017
Has anyone done a Usborne Books "Reach For The Stars" book fundraiser? I am kicking our 2 week program off after Labor day, and I am just looking for your success stories and your helpful hints and tips. Thank you!
Blackcat31 09:04 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
Has anyone done a Usborne Books "Reach For The Stars" book fundraiser? I am kicking our 2 week program off after Labor day, and I am just looking for your success stories and your helpful hints and tips. Thank you!
Once I discovered Scholastic I abandoned Usborne Books but I am intrigued... what is "Reach for the Stars" fundraiser about/for?
Annalee 09:22 AM 08-18-2017
I haven't done the reach for the stars but I have been ordering through some book fair projects from Usborne. My cousin is a consultant for them.
Miss A 09:55 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Once I discovered Scholastic I abandoned Usborne Books but I am intrigued... what is "Reach for the Stars" fundraiser about/for?
It is a reading incentive program for the kiddos. They pledge to read or be read to for so many minutes each day to total 300 minutes in 14 days. They ask friends and families for pledges ($5 every 100 minutes, .50 each five minites, whatever someone wants to pledge) and when the two weeks is up they turn their pledges in. That money is then split 50/50, with half going to purchase books from usborne that the kids have chosen for themselves, and the other half going to stock the daycare bookshelves.
Tags:book suggestions, scholastic books, usborne books
Reply Up