Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Constantly having to go inside to pee?
Unregistered 09:39 PM 05-06-2017
As the title says, whenever we get outside, we are inevitably out there for no more than half an hour before somebody has to go to the bathroom. I have them all go before we get out, no exceptions, but this happens constantly. Four of them are potty training in the later stages, so they have some endurance, but I don't like to push/test them, if they say they have to pee, I don't like to dawdle.
That said, it is very difficult to access the bathrooms at the place I work and I am usually by myself when this happens, so no back-up. And the group is uncooperative about sitting for a minute while I help the child that needs to go.
Any suggestions? Its really starting to get hard with summer here now.
Josiegirl 03:19 AM 05-07-2017
I have no suggestions, only complete sympathy for what you go through. I have 5 dcks(1 a baby) and 2 dogs to bring outside each time. I have 2 of them that are toilet trained. I have them go before we go outside.
Last week, we made a trip back inside to change one of the tots who had gone poop in her diapers. I can understand that and deal with it. While we were inside, I asked the 2 others if they had to use the bathroom again(they had both gone 30 minutes before), nope they sure didn't. Well wouldn't ya know, we get back outside and I didn't even have time to close the gate behind me and 1 of them says they have to go. Sometimes I wish I had all boys(I have all girls) because I swear I'd let them drop their pants in the corner and just go.
It amazes me too, how they can sometimes go for hours without peeing but take them outside and all of a sudden they need to go again.
Pestle 04:40 PM 05-07-2017
My laundry room has a sink and a door to our back yard. I keep hand soap, a cheap plastic potty, a roll of toilet paper, a garbage can with a lid, and wipes out there.

When a potty training child has to go during outdoor time, I open the door so I can keep an eye on them and the other kids at the same time.
Reply Up