Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ever Wish You Could Grab That Minute Back??
Josiegirl 02:31 AM 05-12-2017
Like pluck it right back out of the air and make it not happen again?? Argh. Made a stupid decision yesterday and it resulted in a dck getting hurt. Not enough for a dr. visit or anything but definitely did produce an owie she'll have for a couple of days.
I've always felt like an over-protective parent and dcprovider and yesterday's incident should've never happened. First thing I said to dcm when she came in the door was 'I'm not sure you're going to want to bring your dds back to me'.

I know it'll be okay and I need to put it all in perspective but dang.......HATE it when things like this happen, especially when they've entrusted you with their child's care.
racemom 04:26 AM 05-12-2017
💔 hugs to you. I know how awful we feel when one of our dcks get hurt, but I know you did not mean for it to happen. Hope dcm knows and trust that you will do everything you can to prevent it from happening again.
Max 05:50 AM 05-12-2017
You're probably your harshest critic Was mom pretty understanding?

When my son was 1 he got a shiner while in daycare, him and another child bonked heads. Big black eye for a few days. Accidents happen
Blackcat31 06:06 AM 05-12-2017
I agree with Max, we are our own worst critics.

Cut yourself some slack..... every experience is a learning experience and I highly doubt you had anything but the best intentions.

I bet your DCM trusts your judgement today just as much as she did yesterday!

Snowmom 07:11 AM 05-12-2017

Don't be so hard on yourself. We all make mistakes!
sharlan 10:18 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:

Don't be so hard on yourself. We all make mistakes!
Isn't that the truth!! I've been allowing my 2 7yos free range and it bit me in the butt.
Tags:doing things over
Reply Up