Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Require For A Spot To Be Taken?
trix23 03:19 PM 05-09-2017
What do you require for a spot to be taken?

Payment?
Fees?
Intent to Enroll?
Paperwork?
Contract?
1st week or month tuition?
Etc.
Ariana 03:41 PM 05-09-2017
I set up a start date and on that day they come with 2 week deposit and then sign the papers at my house. I send them my contract before they come so they can look it over.

Once that is received their spot is filled.
Unregistered 03:47 PM 05-09-2017
When I interview potential families and if I think they will be a good fit for my program I give them a wait list application which is the first form I require for them to turn in to show their intent that the want a spot. Once they turn it in, I email them the next step which is they need to turn in a non-refundable holding deposit which pays for the two week trial period (remainder of tuition due if we all agree to continue care at the end of trial period) and I give them the enrollment forms letting them know the child cannot start until I have all the completed forms and health forms which is usually due the week before the date they want to start. Doing it this way allows me to not hold spaces and turn other potential clients away, so I know who is really interested in a spot. And if they change their mind before they start I didn't lose out too much because I have their nonrefundable deposit.
CityGarden 05:17 PM 05-09-2017
I require a signed contract and $300 non-refundable annual registration fee before I will hold the spot.

They are also required to pay the first and last month's tuition prior to starting. I ask for it all at once but will allow the first and last month tuition to be paid anytime before their child starts.
AmyKidsCo 08:14 PM 05-09-2017
Completed and signed contract, enrollment fee, and first week's tuition.
LysesKids 08:34 PM 05-09-2017
First months, non-refundable fee & a signed contract or intent to contract with start date listed; if start date passes no refund and they start from scratch and I personally won't re- sign the family so... so sorry - NOT

I do have a clause that allows up to a 4 week extension on start date (50% fees in advance paid to extend) provided they tell me a minimum 48 hrs before the start date hits, otherwise I look to refill the position & they lose their first month fees
Pepperth 03:44 AM 05-10-2017
Completed paperwork. Start date on the books.
hwichlaz 06:20 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Completed and signed contract, enrollment fee, and first week's tuition.

Mine is the same. Only two weeks. I want my trial period paid for. After that...they pay on the first day of each of their own pay day, through until the next pay day, in advance of care. I like doing it this way so my money isn't all coming in at once.
Blackcat31 06:22 AM 05-10-2017
Completed paperwork and money.
Unregistered 07:15 PM 05-13-2017
How much money upfront do you require?
Tags:enrollment
Reply Up