Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 8 16 17 18 19 20  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?
daycarediva 09:26 AM 01-10-2017
This is for yesterday.

Had a child not show up. (long story)
1 full timer were home/precautionary sick day/pedi visit.
2 kids picked up after lunch for appts (one dentist, one physical)
2 of my BEST nappers EVER left. They slept until after 3. Got up, one was picked up at 3:30 and the other went home at 4! SA dcb and I played life until his dad got here at 4:30.

Off 1/2 hour early on a Monday. YES!
Play Care 11:22 AM 01-10-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
This is for yesterday.

Had a child not show up. (long story)
1 full timer were home/precautionary sick day/pedi visit.
2 kids picked up after lunch for appts (one dentist, one physical)
2 of my BEST nappers EVER left. They slept until after 3. Got up, one was picked up at 3:30 and the other went home at 4! SA dcb and I played life until his dad got here at 4:30.

Off 1/2 hour early on a Monday. YES!
those days!!!
Play Care 11:26 AM 01-10-2017
The grandma who watches my PT infant was hospitalized over the weekend, so I have baby FT this week and possibly next.
They also asked if the can add another day with me moving forward.

I think mom and dad are realizing that reliable (but paid) care is better than free (but unreliable)
Blackcat31 12:52 PM 01-10-2017
Originally Posted by Play Care:
The grandma who watches my PT infant was hospitalized over the weekend, so I have baby FT this week and possibly next.
They also asked if the can add another day with me moving forward.

I think mom and dad are realizing that reliable (but paid) care is better than free (but unreliable)
I bet mom and dad are also seeing the positives of one consistent routine verses the difference between you and grandma and the behavior/mood of baby...
Play Care 03:44 PM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I bet mom and dad are also seeing the positives of one consistent routine verses the difference between you and grandma and the behavior/mood of baby...
I hope so! The one thing they've noticed is that when baby is with me, she STTN. When she's with grandma, she's up several times. Mom is beyond exhausted.
Play Care 03:46 PM 01-11-2017
I received an email from the short term family I had in the Fall. They are looking for 2 days starting in September when the baby is 18 months and more time when she turns 2.
Loved the family and baby. I hope it works out.
DaveA 04:36 AM 01-13-2017
Just got the call from the school that they're closing early at 130 today because freezing rain is rolling in around normal dismissal time. So glad they did this. I'll take a couple hours of school agers instead of buses on the roads in bad weather.
Heart12 07:13 AM 01-16-2017
One of DCM is a teacher & asked if I would be open today. I said yes & then thought, damn! Why didnt I take the day off? She is off, but said she would be bringing DCB & picking up early. The other family (who brings their child every day, whether they are working or not) must have assumed that I took the day off because they have not showed up yet. There is no way in heck Im calling to find out why theyre not here!
Play Care 09:42 AM 01-17-2017
My one 2 yo dcb is out sick today. Not happy he's sick, and we miss him, but being with just the babies has been really nice.
MsLisa 06:57 AM 01-30-2017
Today is the first day Nanny-ing for my part-time family that's had me locked since November. I worried that they would be flakes or something would go wrong, but nope! Every minor snag we hit, they work with me. It's really nice to feel so welcomed into a family already (& get paid my worth for once!).
It's going to feel good to dust off these old Nanny wings and really get going again. I mean, I do have a "date night" regular family who loves me & uses me every other week. But that's not much Nanny work. Managing school kids & making other lives run smoothly is where I shine.

I'm happy I didn't give up when people thought I was nuts to do this on my own, especially with such a small demographic & so many cheap centers.
Play Care 07:16 AM 01-30-2017
Kind of feel bad for this positive, but I turned down my PT infant family today.
Had her for two full weeks because grandma, who provides care, has a heart issue which was acting up. At that point they asked about doing more time with me because they need reliable care. I was open to it. Then they changed their minds because grandma was better and they didn't want to hurt her feelings.

Yesterday I got a text saying grandma has the flu and can they come all this week. Our school has a TD day so I have a full house with SA kids and my own kids. Nope. I'll take her tomorrow. But I kind of get a little satisfaction when I can legit turn down someone who, intentionally or not, is jerking me along.
Blackcat31 07:39 AM 01-30-2017
But I kind of get a little satisfaction when I can legit turn down someone who, intentionally or not, is jerking me along.
*raises hand* guilty of this as well.

I do not wear passive aggressive well but it feels kind of good when it comes to this one particular DCM.
Play Care 09:29 AM 01-30-2017
*raises hand* guilty of this as well.

I do not wear passive aggressive well but it feels kind of good when it comes to this one particular DCM.
I'm hoping this will help them to make the decision to poo or get off the pot

But I don't feel *totally* PA about this, because it's a legit space issue.
Play Care 09:20 AM 01-31-2017
My Dad came and fixed the toilet!!!!

DCB flushed a toy plastic phone down

I had been letting him have full access to the bathroom even when I was busy with baby because he's just potty trained and was really proud of using the potty independently.
That ends.
daycarediva 10:41 AM 01-31-2017
My Dad came and fixed the toilet!!!!

DCB flushed a toy plastic phone down

I had been letting him have full access to the bathroom even when I was busy with baby because he's just potty trained and was really proud of using the potty independently.
That ends.

Play Care 03:09 AM 02-01-2017
Right! The thing is, I'm usually all over it when he's in the bathroom because he's newly trained. But he had been doing so well and really proud of his independence.
Lesson learned.
Miss A 10:31 AM 02-01-2017
You know what I am doing right now? Sitting down and eating lunch. A real lunch. I can't remember the last time I got to eat something other than a granola bar or crackers during daycare hours, as my DS has been an awful napper lately, and I am always up and running with him.

I'm not going to complain, I've lost 3 pounds in the last few weeks, but still, I love to eat!
daycarediva 10:21 AM 02-02-2017
Have a second interview 2/20 for a UPK teacher position. BIG pay but but school schedule would match my kids!

Also have an interview Saturday in a completely different line of work (medical secretary) for a pediatric practice near our new home. -Applied because this one pays more.
Annalee 06:53 PM 02-02-2017
Have a second interview 2/20 for a UPK teacher position. BIG pay but but school schedule would match my kids!

Also have an interview Saturday in a completely different line of work (medical secretary) for a pediatric practice near our new home. -Applied because this one pays more.
Good luck!
MsLisa 06:47 AM 02-03-2017
I was so miserable and lost last year after losing my Aftercare room. It really hurt to lose everything I built and i missed the kids so much. But now I'm so happy to finally be refilling my heart again. Its the best feeling in the world, better then any dollar amount, when the kids beg you not to leave & hold on to you so you can't go. Even though they would see me the next day, makes it all so worth it to me. To know they look forward to you, get excited when they see you and everything. I'm happy to have it back, under my own terms again... FINALLY, I feel whole again.
Pepperth 08:01 AM 02-16-2017
I finally made a doctor's appointment yesterday and for antibiotics for my sinus infection and a medicine to get my asthma more under control. I feel like a new person today! I have energy. I'm not cranky. It's amazing . Also, I found a doctor that has appointments until 8. Love it.
DaveA 05:47 AM 02-24-2017
Happy Friday!!!!! I'm not going to have any kids till after school! Time to run an errand then out to the shop I go.
AmyKidsCo 01:08 PM 03-02-2017
Looking forward to the Tequila Tasting Dinner at a local Mexican restaurant tonight. Five course meal with a different tequila-based cocktail with each course. They do it 4x a year and we've gone lots of times but schedules kept us from going the past year so I can't wait!!
Josiegirl 03:16 PM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Looking forward to the Tequila Tasting Dinner at a local Mexican restaurant tonight. Five course meal with a different tequila-based cocktail with each course. They do it 4x a year and we've gone lots of times but schedules kept us from going the past year so I can't wait!!
Tequila on a Thursday night?? Did you take tomorrow off? Have fun!!
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 03:40 PM 03-06-2017
I've been waiting, searching, hoping for an amazing deal on child size chairs... and I just found it in a post for a local consignment shop. Only they aren't open today and I won't be able to make it there until tomorrow after my kiddos leave. So I'm am having crazy nervous energy counting down the hours until they open in the morning and I can call and beg them to hold them for me!
Annalee 11:55 AM 03-22-2017
Today is my FRIDAY! Off till Monday!
Blackcat31 12:07 PM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Today is my FRIDAY! Off till Monday!

....What I really mean is

Enjoy!!
Jupadia 04:05 PM 03-24-2017
My son almost 15 months stood on his own for the first time today. And is now adding in a cute little hip wiggle dance move when he gets up. Till now all he would do was cruise but refuse to let go. Today he just stood up in the middle of the room.
Pepperth 05:41 PM 03-30-2017
Everybody picked up by 3:30 today. That never happens, so I bought my children chocolate shakes, brought my husband one at work and took the kids to the park.
Blackcat31 05:47 PM 03-30-2017
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
Everybody picked up by 3:30 today. That never happens, so I bought my children chocolate shakes, brought my husband one at work and took the kids to the park.
Sounds like a perfect end to the day!!
Pepperth 06:39 AM 04-27-2017
I am retaining one of my favorite littles for the fall!! I was half expecting him to attend preschool.
Cat Herder 07:00 AM 04-28-2017
After today I am off for 9 days with DH.
flying_babyb 11:49 PM 04-30-2017
One of my kids who has behavioral issues ASKED me to come play with him! I said I had to finish the dishes and he sat patiently till i was done and could play! On a side note, I learned Lincoln logs are fun (and my director should buy us more! 4 of us playing.... we ran out)
Josiegirl 02:26 AM 05-06-2017
This week I was able to get my car inspected!!! I was told last May that it most likely wouldn't pass this year due to the rust underneath(by a local car dealership)but my dh brought it someplace else this year and it passed, said it should go at least another year! And yes, completely legal!!!
So now I can just keep adding $$$ to my car savings for next spring. I am so ecstatic!!!
Cat Herder 09:27 AM 05-11-2017
I have a new neighbor across the river, barely out of view. I have so enjoyed her presence all morning.

She is wearing this beautiful gardening hat, planting what appears to be peony or rhododendron and has been singing so beautifully the kids have gathered at the door to listen.

I am afraid to introduce myself or tell her how much we have enjoyed her for fear she will stop and move her garden to the other side. I think we will take her some butterfly bush this weekend, instead.
Josiegirl 09:34 AM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I have a new neighbor across the river, barely out of view. I have so enjoyed her presence all morning.

She is wearing this beautiful gardening hat, planting what appears to be peony or rhododendron and has been singing so beautifully the kids have gathered at the door to listen.

I am afraid to introduce myself or tell her how much we have enjoyed her for fear she will stop and move her garden to the other side. I think we will take her some butterfly bush this weekend, instead.
That whole post was wonderful.
Cat Herder 10:41 AM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
That whole post was wonderful.
I googled to find out what she was singing. I had never heard it. "I am the vine". It was really beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYKl1F4z0L8
Josiegirl 02:39 AM 05-12-2017
I googled to find out what she was singing. I had never heard it. "I am the vine". It was really beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYKl1F4z0L8
Thank you so much for sharing that! I need to print out the words and remember it.
bklsmum 03:10 AM 05-12-2017
It hasn't happened yet but I am closing at noon today so that will be VERY positive!
Cat Herder 07:06 AM 05-26-2017
Last day of school today! Whoop!

Summer, here we come!!
James 04:51 AM 05-29-2017
We had gone for the picnic this weekend. Enjoyed a lot with kids.
Pepperth 02:34 AM 06-06-2017
I will probably regret it later, but I couldn't sleep past 3 this morning. I got up and did a BUNCH of daycare paperwork! Coffee? Yes, please.
Josiegirl 04:17 AM 06-09-2017
This isn't really good. Well, it is and it isn't. But it's not a vent and it's not funny. So here it sits.
Almost 4 yrs. ago, when this family first met with me to start their oldest dd, as with all new relationships in child care, I never knew how it would go. The family seemed nice, the girl was challenging being from several foster homes and a difficult first 18 months of her life. She stayed with me until they put her in preschool at 4 yo. Her little sister came along at 12 mo of age, growing into a witty spirited young 4 yo child of her own individual nature. These parents are every provider's dream. Very giving and thoughtful, respectful, understanding, generous, no-nonsense kind of parents. Those are few and far between these days.
Today is 4 yo's last day with us here and she, plus her whole family has made a huge impact on myself and everyone here in my dc.
I can only hope every provider on this forum has a family like this; it'll make this profession worthwhile and mean something.
TG for FB and keeping in touch.
bklsmum 04:43 AM 06-09-2017
This isn't really good. Well, it is and it isn't. But it's not a vent and it's not funny. So here it sits.
Almost 4 yrs. ago, when this family first met with me to start their oldest dd, as with all new relationships in child care, I never knew how it would go. The family seemed nice, the girl was challenging being from several foster homes and a difficult first 18 months of her life. She stayed with me until they put her in preschool at 4 yo. Her little sister came along at 12 mo of age, growing into a witty spirited young 4 yo child of her own individual nature. These parents are every provider's dream. Very giving and thoughtful, respectful, understanding, generous, no-nonsense kind of parents. Those are few and far between these days.
Today is 4 yo's last day with us here and she, plus her whole family has made a huge impact on myself and everyone here in my dc.
I can only hope every provider on this forum has a family like this; it'll make this profession worthwhile and mean something.
TG for FB and keeping in touch.
It's hard to say goodbye to families we love. I dread the day my fave family leaves.
midaycare 11:57 AM 06-14-2017
Oh happy, happy day! For the record I do not, not, not like KidKare. However... I have never been able to submit online menus within Minute Menu due to another provider within the same county having the same name (what ARE the chances?)

I asked my food provider person to send me KidKare info so I could try that. It worked! Paper menus s u c k! I'm so happy I don't have to write out what we ate in teeny, tiny boxes anymore and write out attendance for the Food Program anymore. What a time saver!

Everyone is always like, "My Food Program takes me 5 minutes a day, maybe." I'm so jealous because it takes me about 20. Not anymore, Baby!
bklsmum 11:27 AM 06-23-2017
What is good today? It's Friday!!! 3 different days this week I thought were Friday but only today is and that's awesome!!!
Annalee 09:16 AM 06-27-2017
Two things: My son will be here in an hour! Been working for 3 weeks traveling with my brother...only saw him twice for a couple of hours the entire time.

Tomorrow is my last day until next Thursday....headed to the river at closing tomorrow!

Jupadia 09:38 AM 06-27-2017
Just found out I have tommorow off since I only have 1 kid right now on wed (till aug) and he will be out for his 2 year check up. So now it's just me and my 2 boys for the day.

Plus it's a long weekend cause I'm closed Monday in lieu of Canada day on July 1. Plus the week after I'm on vacation.
bklsmum 05:03 PM 07-07-2017
My worst family pulled their kid today with no two week notice!! It turned my bad day right around!! WOOHOO!
Mike 05:39 PM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
My worst family pulled their kid today with no two week notice!! It turned my bad day right around!! WOOHOO!
I'm so sorry they didn't give you the proper 2 week notice.
DaveA 07:25 AM 07-10-2017
Enjoying a small victory. The DCK that hated my classroom because it didn't have video games or a TV and spent the first month complaining about "boring toys" just came in after 2 weeks vacation to be thrilled to see a new marble maze and a basket of 2" foam dice to play with.
Blackcat31 07:48 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Enjoying a small victory. The DCK that hated my classroom because it didn't have video games or a TV and spent the first month complaining about "boring toys" just came in after 2 weeks vacation to be thrilled to see a new marble maze and a basket of 2" foam dice to play with.
This made me think of this!
My daycare kids had fun watching this and I have to admit I did too...there were a few hairpin curves that had me sucking my breath in but it was exhilarating anyways!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55a9RFDHe5w
Leigh 10:33 AM 07-10-2017
This made me think of this!
My daycare kids had fun watching this and I have to admit I did too...there were a few hairpin curves that had me sucking my breath in but it was exhilarating anyways!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55a9RFDHe5w
I had fun watching it! I have a space in the backyard that we have no ideas for (it's half of the gravel pad that my shed sits on)-this would be GREAT for that space!
Cat Herder 07:33 AM 07-11-2017
Thanks Abigail for the link. Sure, you posted it in 2011, but I just saw it and it made my day. Too much fun and stuff I had not seen before.

http://www.environments.com/Default.aspx?src=logo
Josiegirl 02:50 AM 07-12-2017
I got an email from someone this a.m. inquiring about child care. I have no idea if it'll work out or not but my former teacher, of a 45 hr. class I had to take, was the one who recommended me!! She's very well-known in the area and to have her speak of your name puts a provider in a whole different light.
Cat Herder 09:20 AM 07-14-2017
The 2017 Hallmark Christmas Ornaments are released at midnight.
Josiegirl 08:55 AM 07-17-2017
Hush puppies
Three days out of the last 4.
I think that says it all. Us Northerners were in hush puppy comas for the past 3 days.
My arteries are sooo glad to be back home.
Claraskids 05:59 AM 07-21-2017
Multiple parents called last night and this morning saying they were taking today off! Down to two kids!!!

On Sunday our former foster daughter turns 18 and is moving back in with us!

I'll have all my kiddos home for about 5 weeks until I have to move one daughter to college in Tampa and the other to St. Paul
Jupadia 05:24 PM 07-24-2017
Ended up with most of this week off (except Thursday when my pt kid is here). Because the ft kid I have went on holidays this week and my new kids don't start till next month. This would suck if it was not this family since I give one week free for holidays each year (which is normaly budget ok but ive been down kids for 2 months so things are getting tight. But this family pays me for the week (love them) despite this. So now I have 4 days this week to spend with my 2 boys.
Missjaime 08:10 AM 07-28-2017
Today is a good/bad one. Good because it's the last Friday I am working for the foreseeable future! My new four day work week starts next week! Hooray! Bad because it's the final day for my longest term clients. They were my first "real" clients when I started 3+ years ago - the first ones who weren't already good friends, first interview that went great, first family to follow all my new handbook policies, etc. They have always been amazing - paid on time, never complained when I had to close for illness, always picked up on time or early. I will miss them.
But, also, this is my last Friday. Hooray!!!
Josiegirl 04:50 PM 07-29-2017
My dear friend called me. We don't talk very often but when we do, it's as if we never stopped.

Plus I finally tackled my closet and cleaned it out!! Three trash bags of clothes that no longer fit me or I haven't worn in years. Now I know what I have(which isn't a whole lot LOL) but it feels so good to have one small space cleaned out. And it's not like it's huge either, can't even be 2'x3'. Plus I found another sheet for my bed that I didn't know I had.
Hey, it's the little things. Right?
LysesKids 06:22 PM 08-06-2017
She is my Military baby... well actually a toddler now, but Mom & Dad requested Drop-in care for little Miss for the next 7 business days. It means longer hours for me (7am-9pm daily), but she is the sweetest DCG and one of the other Toddlers ( just about to age out) knows her, so she won't be stepping into a new situation with unknown babes - she is arriving @ 3:30pm tomorrow... Woo Hoo.

On the downside, she will be JET LAGGED; they just flew back into the country last night
finsup 11:35 AM 08-09-2017
Dcb is leaving for school in two weeks. Dcm sent over a list of days (for the entire year, this makes me very happy as I'm a planner lol) she would need care. Follows it up with a text message saying she "fully expects to pay more for these days as their random/once and a while." After the issues I've been having lately with the other family, I don't think she realizes how much that was appreciated.
Cat Herder 11:55 AM 08-09-2017
Loud day, was glad for nap. Nerves a bit fried. Hiding behind desk carrel for respite.

I hear a creaking door, look around. Dh has snuck me in a slice of cheese cake with whipped cream.

Not just any cheese cake, snickers cheese cake. Life is good.
Blackcat31 12:12 PM 08-09-2017
Loud day, was glad for nap. Nerves a bit fried. Hiding behind desk carrel for respite.

I hear a creaking door, look around. Dh has snuck me in a slice of cheese cake with whipped cream.

Not just any cheese cake, snickers cheese cake. Life is good.
I wish your DH would stop by my place......
Cat Herder 12:37 PM 08-09-2017
I wish your DH would stop by my place......
He will be so glad to hear that! I still talk about the creek your husband built you.
Lil_Diddle 11:51 AM 08-18-2017
I have almost all teachers kids, and all older kids this year. My son being the youngest at two. All my dc kiddos are back now and I really have a feeling it's going to be a great year. They get along so well, listen well for the most part. Today we got out our scissors and they really impressed me with their improvements from last year. I feel like I'm teaching preschool again and not just running a daycare and I love it!
storybookending 10:23 AM 08-22-2017
21.5 month old DCG is napping in a "big girl bed" for the first time right now!! Yesterday was her first day back as mom is a teacher. She's never been a good napper, even as a newborn/infant. I mostly attribute this to the months she spent in mom and dads bed. I'm hoping this helps with her waking up screaming when she realizes she can just come out. Hoping to move her to the big kid room soon! She's been alone in my room since infancy but while she was off for the summer I moved my now 9 month old into his own pnp in there. He was already down when she went in and just saw him sleeping and laid right now and did the same!
LysesKids 05:54 PM 08-24-2017
Yep, brand new babe will be 6 weeks at start date. First month fees paid & contract signed; it's only taken 3 months to find someone lol. Thankful the position they are filling, mom held out an extra month before leaving due to issues with their new home so not losing near as much income as it could have been; and yes, present family gave me 2 months notice they didn't have too
Josiegirl 11:39 AM 08-26-2017
So yesterday was Friday and we had an ice cream social from 4-whenever they felt like leaving which turned out to be 5:45. It was fun! But crazy chaotic with some of the kids' witching hour showing big time. Sugar 'em up and send 'em home, right?
I only had 4 dcfs come but that involved 9 kids so it was plenty rowdy. Sure is an eye-opener watching parents parent.

I had them all sign in and we had a door prize. Perfect prize for the dcf who won.
Jupadia 09:39 AM 08-30-2017
Just found a bbq cover for like $30 (Canadian), and it fits over the used quad runabout stroller I bought for school walks. Now I can keep it outside this year and it won't get wet or snowed on now.
Josiegirl 09:59 AM 09-06-2017
Just wanted to share a positive in my life right now. New dcb started yesterday and he's a real sweetheart. Dcm warned me he'd be very shy and not talk much. He came right in when dcd dropped him off, went right to playing with the train table with me, we had a nice conversation while we were waiting for all the other kiddos to arrive, he listened very well all day long, is 100% potty trained. He played nice with the other kids, shared nice but also stood up for himself when they tried taking his toys away, laid down without a problem at quiet time and fell right to sleep. I think he's going to be a peach to care for!!

And 4 yo dcg who went off to all day preschool today really was ready to be out of here. As much as I miss her cute little self, she needed to be in a different environment because she was only getting progressively worse.
finsup 06:51 AM 09-07-2017
I reminded new dcf (starts Monday) about my son's skating lessons making Mondays really chaotic and they responded "it was in the handbook but I'll remind dcd now." They read the handbook I reminded them because more often then not, nobody seems to read it. So far this family has been on top of everything, and no red flags what so ever. It is such a nice change!
HappyEverAfter 06:05 PM 09-07-2017
DCD told me that he and his wife are incredibly pleased with the care I give their daughter and that I'm the first person outside of immediate family that they trust and feel 100% comfortable with. Said he can tell his daughter is happy and well cared for. Made my whole day!
finsup 06:44 AM 09-11-2017
New 3m old started today and oh my goodness, this kid His mom brought way more then he will ever need (ftm, I get it lol) but he is very prepared. Sent plenty of milk, formula for back up, and kiddo take bottle NO problem. He sleeps on his back, in the pnp, again NO problem. She has really prepared him well.

However before this morning I only wanted a baby as in oh, another baby would be great anytime now. To ok we need to make some serious ttc baby plans NOW
Blackcat31 06:59 AM 09-11-2017
Originally Posted by finsup:
New 3m old started today and oh my goodness, this kid His mom brought way more then he will ever need (ftm, I get it lol) but he is very prepared. Sent plenty of milk, formula for back up, and kiddo take bottle NO problem. He sleeps on his back, in the pnp, again NO problem. She has really prepared him well.

However before this morning I only wanted a baby as in oh, another baby would be great anytime now. To ok we need to make some serious ttc baby plans NOW
I am the opposite... I always think babies are so awesome until I actually have one in care and then I am like "What in the world is ANYONE thinking? Babies are HARD!!"
daycarediva 09:30 AM 09-11-2017
I am the opposite... I always think babies are so awesome until I actually have one in care and then I am like "What in the world is ANYONE thinking? Babies are HARD!!"
YES! Spending time with a newborn this weekend I seriously give soooo much credit to you providers with tiny ones and toddlers/preschoolers, too. I am NOT cut out for that!!

I love love love my new crew of kids. ONE challenging dcg, but the rest are so sweet and I'm just loving daycare again!

2yo's are potty trained- independent in bathroom. Even the youngest (16m) tries to put her own shoes on. No parents asking for special. No kids expecting me to entertain them so free play time is a BREEZE. My paper work and clean up is done before the last kid leaves and my new schedule? Closing at 4:30 four days a week (6 the other day, but I knew this going in, my fav dcg and a custody split) but she's so chill that we can hang out, play and chat for a bit while I catch up on whatever.
finsup 05:06 PM 09-11-2017
Lol they're my easy ones! I mean, time consuming sure, but I just do really well with that age. It's almost enough to make me want to be an infant only provider but I don't want to go through the hassle of interviewing and re-training families every year lol.

I am however very thankful for the large iced coffee I have tonight!
Justjoy 02:50 PM 09-12-2017
My hyperactive kid went home an hour early
daycarediva 04:56 AM 09-13-2017
Just mailed the first portion of my group license paperwork. SO NERVOUS, but very excited at the same time. We should be starting at the end of October.

I have two kids enrolled for that time frame (when my license goes through) so only 3 more spots to fill (gd fills one)
LysesKids 05:10 AM 09-13-2017
my new babe started ( 6 weeks old); he is so stinking cute, but so little compared to my others (youngest is 9 months now). It's been 7 months since such a tiny was in the house
BumbleBee 07:52 PM 09-14-2017
I got to see "my" babies today

Their mom is a teacher but she's taking a year off to spend some time with her kids before the oldest goes to school next year. I haven't seen them for 3 weeks. Until today! Mom stopped by with them

It was great seeing them
finsup 06:37 AM 09-15-2017
I love that I'm posting here more then the venting thread lately!

New dcf not only remembered payment, without being reminded, she brought it today and it's not even due until Monday! After all the stress of the family I termed, I am so, so, thankful for a family like this
Cat Herder 02:38 PM 09-20-2017
My DH was busy making a new "power outage" kit (Winters Coming ) and over his shoulder told me where he was going to store it. I smiled, said "OK,Thank you", thought to myself "we will probably find it again when we move in 10 years" and continued on with my life. I lose stuff, in the same room with me, it is what I do. We have kits for everything hidden somewhere in this house. We are both serial planners.

I had to move it out of the way for the first time a few minutes ago and I looked inside. He filled it with instant coffee (does not drink coffee), flavored creamers, dark chocolates, 3 books from a favorite author of mine *that I have not read yet*, lavender infused fluffy socks and a tin of my favorite butter cookies.

The amount of effort that took. For no reason at all. This man. I love this man.
Josiegirl 02:12 AM 09-21-2017
CatHerder, what a thoughtful thing for him to do! He's a keeper I assume?
Cat Herder 04:27 AM 09-21-2017
CatHerder, what a thoughtful thing for him to do! He's a keeper I assume?
Always and forever. I know how lucky I am. He is my home.
Rockgirl 06:24 AM 09-21-2017
Cat Herder, that's so sweet and thoughtful!

I had a wonderful interview yesterday evening. Parents are so nice and seem laid back. Dcg starts Monday! She's 18 months....she was recently enrolled in a large center, and was bitten three times on her first day! I really think she will do great in my little group here.
daycarediva 11:17 AM 09-21-2017

Josiegirl 01:46 AM 09-22-2017
I just have to share how much I love my current group!! I feel so much more at ease, am more content, less stressed, happier, and look forward to each day much more than I have in quite awhile.
Course every group, every day, has its' moments but I'm back to loving this job.
Rockgirl 08:18 AM 09-29-2017
New dcm is great! 18 month old dcg just started here Monday, and is really sweet and adjusting well. Yesterday at pickup, dcm told me she can tell dcg is happy here, and is finally sleeping well at night since being here. She asked what kind of coffee I like, and brought me a cup this morning.

Things like this mean a lot!
LysesKids 12:35 PM 09-29-2017
There is nothing better than having families LOVE that you take Credit cards, it makes things easier than hunting down an ATM after work to make a payment... especially if it's their payday. My Square Plug in/Phone has been put to good use today lol; I'M paid by all the Parents for the entire next MONTH lol
Mike 02:58 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
There is nothing better than having families LOVE that you take Credit cards, it makes things easier than hunting down an ATM after work to make a payment... especially if it's their payday. My Square Plug in/Phone has been put to good use today lol; I'M paid by all the Parents for the entire next MONTH lol
Now that's the way it should go. Just don't spend all the money in the next 24 hours.
Josiegirl 02:15 PM 10-04-2017
Dcf that has been with me just about a month...4 mo sweet baby. I just opened a card I got in the mail from her, thanking me for the great care, helping her with transitioning back to work and feeling safe leaving her baby with me. Plus an absolutely adorable picture of the baby with a huge smile. Precious and made my day!

I wish for all of you dcfs like this one.
storybookending 08:27 AM 10-05-2017
Today is my Friday!! My childhood best friend gets married on Saturday so I took tomorrow off for set up and all that fun stuff. We’ve been so proactive with decorating the barn she’s getting married in that everything is pretty much done. Decorating the hall tonight which won’t take long because we aren’t doing much. Looks like I could’ve worked Friday. While I’m a little bummed about the income loss from taking an unpaid day off I’m gonna make the most of it. I’m gonna take my niece to the zoo in the morning and then go see one of my other best friends new apartment and she’s making us a yummy lunch.

I’m so excited for this wedding! My best friend is the youngest of 5 children so after her older siblings were out of the house their parents were just so used to hauling 5 kids everywhere that they always allowed her and her next oldest sibling a friend or two to come along on all their adventures. I’ve been on countless vacations, family reunions and have spent many holidays with this family because of it and they all (extended family included) have become a second family to me. I am so excited to see everyone!
BumbleBee 02:21 PM 10-12-2017
This week is the last 45 hr. week with difficult, manipulative, screaming dcb. He's going to preschool on Monday. I feel like I should be sad or something but I'm really not.
Josiegirl 02:14 AM 10-13-2017
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
This week is the last 45 hr. week with difficult, manipulative, screaming dcb. He's going to preschool on Monday. I feel like I should be sad or something but I'm really not.
Yay you! I don't know how preschool teachers do it! I've seen some pretty challenging 3-5 yos in recent years and I don't think they could pay me enough to have a classroom filled with them.
amberrose3dg 07:10 AM 10-13-2017
I do not want to jinx anything but my new assistant is awesome. This week has been so much better than the last few months. I have time to get cleaning done during the day and just breathe.
Miss A 08:32 AM 10-16-2017
Problem DCF that was terminated last week has decided to not use their two week notice, and has moves on to new daycare. Praise Be, my life can be drama free once again!
Play Care 10:47 AM 10-16-2017
Got a call for a possible day care kid who is over 2!!!!!
I've been up to my neck in babies and I am NOT an infant provider
Miss A 10:41 AM 10-17-2017
I only have 4 kids now, one of whom is my own 1 year old DS. The baby is napping and I grabbed the baby monitor and took the 3 toddlers outside for a play.

I was on the verge of burn out a couple weeks ago, between problem parents and their wild child with no boundaries. I am absolutely in love with my small group again, the feeling of freedom that 2 less children gives me, and the ability to be more hands on with the ones I have vs. always shadowing a trouble maker.

This may be the Prozac talking, but today I ❤ Daycare.
Tags:fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif
First ... 8 16 17 18 19 20  ... Last
Reply Up