Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interviews
JeepGirl6 10:19 AM 07-15-2012
During interviews for potential families, when they tell you they will let you know in a week (next Friday) their decision because they have other interviews, do you tell them you have other interviews? I did with my last interview and I didn't know if that sounds pushy?
Truly Scrumptious 10:28 AM 07-15-2012
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
During interviews for potential families, when they tell you they will let you know in a week (next Friday) their decision because they have other interviews, do you tell them you have other interviews? I did with my last interview and I didn't know if that sounds pushy?
Absolutely! It's not just their decision as to whether to enroll their child, you get a say as well and they need to know that. It's not being pushy, it's just good business.
e.j. 05:56 PM 07-15-2012
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
Depending on how you state it, I think it can be a very professional thing to do. As a parent, I wouldn't want to leave the interview thinking I had the time to make a decision only to find out that the spot had been given to someone else when I call back to say I want it.
Meeko 06:46 AM 07-16-2012
I always tell the parent that I am still interviewing for the spot and that it may be gone in a week. It's not pushy...it's the truth. I am not going to stop interviewing until I get that right match and money in my hand!
Tags:interview advice, interview tips, interviews
Reply Up