Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Monsters
catinthebox 09:03 PM 05-15-2017
Recently, I had decided to make my own Rainbow Scratch Paper for my Kindergartners so i had them make patterns with crayons. Then i cover the papers with a black coat and waited till it to dry. I gave the kids their papers back and some of them decided to take it home to finish. Last Friday one of the kids told me that his paper had a monster on it. I asked him for his paper and saw nothing but the black coat.

Today, he told me that he wasn't able to sleep because the monsters from the papers were creeping him out and asked if he could give it back to me. I then took a look at his papers and saw nothing. All but one was scratch and that paper only had crayon patterns and nothing that looks like a monster or so. I told him to throw it away if it was scaring him.

Just wondering if you guys had any similar stories? I dont know what to say. He showed the papers to the kids, myself, and nobody saw what he saw. So i am lost and confuse WHERE ARE THE GHOST BUSTERS OR XFILE WHEN YOU NEED THEM lol ^_^
Baby Beluga 08:45 AM 05-16-2017
Kids are funny... and sometimes strange

My own DD woke up SCREAMING one night.....because she thought there were peppers in her bed. Bell peppers. Yup. Interesting night for sure.

Another DCK comes up with the oddest fears and stories as well. At drop off he tells me how his night was, how he slept and what dreams he had the night before. It makes for some funny and interesting stories, that's for sure.
Ariana 10:02 AM 05-16-2017
I completely understand his line of thinking! When he scratches the paper something comes out so it is like something lives in there, of course he is choosing to think it is a monster! He has a very vivid imagination!!
catinthebox 12:58 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I completely understand his line of thinking! When he scratches the paper something comes out so it is like something lives in there, of course he is choosing to think it is a monster! He has a very vivid imagination!!
But here a thing, at one point i had decided to buy them the real thing that were really small and costly:. The kids love it so much that they have been bugging me to buy more but the cost of the product has gone up. I got it for 8 dollars for a pack of 200 but now its 18 dollars for 200. That when i decided to make my own, my thinking is why he didn't say something like this when i first gave them the one i brought? But, maybe what your saying is true
TY
catinthebox 01:00 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Kids are funny... and sometimes strange

My own DD woke up SCREAMING one night.....because she thought there were peppers in her bed. Bell peppers. Yup. Interesting night for sure.

Another DCK comes up with the oddest fears and stories as well. At drop off he tells me how his night was, how he slept and what dreams he had the night before. It makes for some funny and interesting stories, that's for sure.
Lol, But bell peppers are scary as heck!
Ariana 05:52 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by catinthebox:
But here a thing, at one point i had decided to buy them the real thing that were really small and costly:. The kids love it so much that they have been bugging me to buy more but the cost of the product has gone up. I got it for 8 dollars for a pack of 200 but now its 18 dollars for 200. That when i decided to make my own, my thinking is why he didn't say something like this when i first gave them the one i brought? But, maybe what your saying is true
TY
Oh that is weird!! Maybe your paper really is haunted!
Pepperth 03:05 AM 05-17-2017
We made scratch paper in art class back in high school. To be ironic, I made the grim reaper. (Rainbow colored grim reaper contracted with black.) I didn't get a good grade.
Tags:nightmares at nap
Reply Up