Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bleeding Ear Tubes
Unregistered 06:19 AM 05-18-2017
Anyone have expirence with ear tubes? Baby has ear tubes which have been bleeding for two days should I let her come to daycare? I have no idea what to do?
childcaremom 06:23 AM 05-18-2017
I wouldn't. I have no experience with ear tubes but I would exclude until she is checked by a doctor and stops bleeding.
Blackcat31 06:25 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Anyone have expirence with ear tubes? Baby has ear tubes which have been bleeding for two days should I let her come to daycare? I have no idea what to do?
Ear drainage is pretty common. I think that is the point of the tubes... to release the "icky" fluid that builds up in the ear and causes infection. I think as long as the blood is not alot in quantity and is bright red verses dark, it's okay.

Did the child just recently get tubes put in?

HOWEVER, I would prefer a child sees a Dr "just to be sure" before attending care if the blood drainage is something new for them. If it's your own child, I'd just put a call into your Dr or nurse and ask them.

http://www.seattlechildrens.org/medi...ear-discharge/
Blackcat31 06:26 AM 05-18-2017
More info about ear tubes

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-proc...s/cmc-20200006
Unregistered 06:34 AM 05-18-2017
Tubes were put in on Monday. Baby ear bleed yesterday mom took baby to doctor. Doc said if it continues to bring her back. Baby 's ears are bleeding again this morning so mom is taking baby back to doc but wanted to know if she could come to daycare. I've had kids with yellow drainage but never blood after tubes.
bklsmum 07:22 AM 05-18-2017
I would say no if Doc wants to see her again for it.
sahm1225 12:03 PM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Tubes were put in on Monday. Baby ear bleed yesterday mom took baby to doctor. Doc said if it continues to bring her back. Baby 's ears are bleeding again this morning so mom is taking baby back to doc but wanted to know if she could come to daycare. I've had kids with yellow drainage but never blood after tubes.
I've never seen blood after tubes either. I would be freaking out if I was the mom! I would allow back, but only if the doctor wrote a detailed note on what was going on. I'm guessing it's just dark earwax that's coming out during bedtime. But if it was actively bleeding or actually draining during non-sleep times, then no. That's just not sanitary
Reply Up