Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Newbie ~ Soon-to-be Daycare Provider
Dilley Beans 04:14 PM 07-23-2014
Greetings all! I have loved reading this forum for the past month while I work on getting my in-home daycare up and running. I am still a few months off from being open, I didn't want to lurk anymore. I am so happy I have found various answers to questions like insurance with threads from Tom, organic food and the USDA program in general, and even about different styles of teaching. This forum has saved me a lot of time googling by having all the answers or at least the people who can point me in the right direction to the answers here.

A little about me - I currently work full time out side the home and have my sister in law caring for my 15m daughter fulltime. She's ok, but I am definitely in the 60% of parents that aren't happy with their daycare. (I read that in a couple of articles recently) I am switching gears in life but daycare/preschool is something that I always had in the back of my head. I've been thinking about it seriously ever since my daughter was born. But now is truly the time to do it. I am getting my home and yard ready as well as taking several online courses and getting ready for my pre-certification stuff.

I live on a farm where we raise chickens, goats, and bison. My father in law has a huge tree nursery with lots of walking trails and his father has a blueberry farm a little further away, I can't wait to take the kids on walks through the trees and pick blueberries. I am so excited to be starting this business and hopefully my daycare families will be in the "40%" of happy families. (Though you can't please everyone with everything you do, I hope to be the best provider I can be and continue to learn and grow for everyone.)
AmyKidsCo 04:31 PM 07-23-2014
Welcome!

I'm totally jealous of the blueberries. We used to live in MI and I lived for blueberry season.
NightOwl 04:41 PM 07-23-2014
Welcome! You're so cheery, I like you already! Many of us are here every single day so feel free to jump in!
DaveA 07:47 PM 07-23-2014
Welcome! You'll like this place

What kind of chickens do you have? We have 3 silkies and 4 ducks. They are definitely more "pets" than farm animals.
NightOwl 04:03 AM 07-24-2014
I looooove Silkies!
Dilley Beans 06:51 AM 07-24-2014
I love silkies too. I have Americanas, Rhodies, Buff Orpintons (though I don't like to have them because they go broody too easily, Black Astrolorps, Black Star & Red Star hybrids. We got them through a great hatchery, I have 55 right now about to start laying.

My favorite breeds are dorkings because they lay really well in the winter, naked necks, anything frizzled, and green egg layers
Blackcat31 07:24 AM 07-24-2014
Welcome to the forum!

Glad you found us!
Blackcat31 07:27 AM 07-24-2014
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Welcome!

I'm totally jealous of the blueberries. We used to live in MI and I lived for blueberry season.
It's the 33rd annual Blueberry Festival in Ely this weekend.

http://www.ely.org/events/blueberry-art-festival

You could make it there in a little over 7 hours
Tags:newbie, oregon members
Reply Up