Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late Pick Up Slip...Help pls
frugalmama4 08:38 AM 05-11-2012
Happy Friday,

Does anyone have a late pick up slip that can share with me pls.

Looking for something you have the parent sign acknowledging they are late and own the fee.

Thanks
daycare 09:01 AM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by frugalmama4:
Happy Friday,

Does anyone have a late pick up slip that can share with me pls.

Looking for something you have the parent sign acknowledging they are late and own the fee.

Thanks
I just use the sign in and out log that I have.... I am standing right there when they sign it, so it's not like they are going to lie.

Or I will right the time down on the sign log and then have them sign it.

I would not be able to keep track of a late slip, I don't like too many papers, so this is easy for me.

Thought that I would share with you how I do it, sorry I don't have a late slip......
Blackcat31 09:05 AM 05-11-2012
Someone else on here said they have a sign out sheet by the door and as soon as it becomes a time where someone is late she has a separate sheet that says LATE SIGN OUT SHEET on it that she exchanges that for the regular sign out sheet.

That way the parent has no choice but to sign out on the one saying she/he is late.

Don't know if that helps but I thought it was a great idea.
WDW 09:26 AM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Someone else on here said they have a sign out sheet by the door and as soon as it becomes a time where someone is late she has a separate sheet that says LATE SIGN OUT SHEET on it that she exchanges that for the regular sign out sheet.

That way the parent has no choice but to sign out on the one saying she/he is late.

Thank you!! This may work for me!
Meeko 10:04 AM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

That was me in a previous thread.

I wish I had a scanner and then I would just scan and post it. But it's easy to do

The page is headed with "Contracted Late Pick Up Fees" Actually putting "contracted" reminds the parent they have already AGREED to the charges.

Then there are four rows. They are labelled:

NAME / TIME OUT / FEE (x$1 per min past 6pm) / Signature

I have the parent fill it out. The normal sign out sheet disappears at 6PM on the nose. They have no choice but to sign the late one and check MY clock (which is right there) for the time.

It has made my life a lot easier. The form looks different to my regular sign in/out sheet and is printed on a color printer in red!!!! They know the second they walk through the door that they've been dinged!
Blackcat31 10:05 AM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:

I wish I had a scanner and then I would just scan and post it. But it's easy to do

The page is headed with "Contracted Late Fees" Actually putting "contracted" reminds the parent they have already AGREED to the charges.

NAME TIME OUT FEE (x$1 per min past 6pm) Signature

I have the parent fill it out. The normal sign out sheet disappears at 6PM on the nose. They have no choice but to sign the late one and check MY clock (which is right there) for the time.

It has made my life a lot easier. The form looks different to my regular sign in/out sheet and is printed on a color printer in red!!!! They know the second they walk through the door that they've been dinged!
Sorry, I couldn't remember who said it but it was one of the best solutions I have ever come across for dealing with late pick ups!!!!!
WDW 10:09 AM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:

The page is headed with "Contracted Late Pick Up Fees" Actually putting "contracted" reminds the parent they have already AGREED to the charges.

NAME / TIME OUT / FEE (x$1 per min past 6pm) / Signature

Love it! I'm either doing this, or just changing the color of the pen I use after I close so if they signed out in red, they were late. I like the sheet better... IF they will fill it out.
Meeko 01:51 PM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by WDW:
Love it! I'm either doing this, or just changing the color of the pen I use after I close so if they signed out in red, they were late. I like the sheet better... IF they will fill it out.
If they pretend they didn't see it and try to sneak off...just smile big and say "Don't forget to sign out!"

If they refuse...remind them they are on the clock until they do!!

I've never had anyone try that...but I'm ready for all scenarios
frugalmama4 01:54 PM 05-11-2012
Thank you all....

Meeko..I love the color paper ideal. Will put this to use ASAP!
Christian Mother 02:04 PM 05-11-2012
I've never had a late fee slip to sign....

Normally I will call/text after 15min if their late. Then at pick up i inform them of their late fee. They all know that at exsactly their contract hrs their late the min. after. So I make them add it to their ck the following week. I've never had a problem and if I notice their ck is missing it I address it right away. I guess bc I have only 4 families I can be a real stickler on this and pay attention to it but if I had more it would def. be a problem to keep track so using a form will really be nice to have.
Kim 02:18 PM 05-11-2012
Here's mine- I print them out as a half sheet of paper and keep them in the front pocket of the sign in/out binder so they are always there as a silent reminder to parents.

*** Child Care Late Pick Up Policy

As per our agreed upon contract, anytime you pick up your child after 5:30pm you are considered late. A fee of $10 per child for every 15 minutes, or any part thereof, is due for each late pickup. Please include any late fees with your next payment. I ask that you please be respectful of my time with my own family by picking up your child promptly on a regular basis. Habitual lateness may be cause for termination of care.

Date: ___/___/___ Time of Pick Up: ______pm Late Fees Due: $_____
Reply Up