Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:47 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Snack Ideas

HELP! I need snack ideas! A.M. and P.M. ones.

What are your favorites? I am all the time googling and never REALLY come back with actual good, easy snacks that kids like!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

Ok here it goes since my daugher is in school for the morning snack I can serve dairy, at this time I dont have a peanut allergy here

I make homemade muffins, its a basic muffin recipe, I use my daughters milk(almond) and then I add cinnamon, and dried fruit slices and then toasted pecans
banana muffins
blueberry muffins
graham crackers with sun butter

danimals/gogurt with apple slice

cheese sticks with bananas
apple sauce
I also take a banana or 2 slice them up cook them in a skilitt with butter and then pour real maple syrup of it, pour it over granola

grapes with half an apple butter sandwitch

banana and peanut butter sandwitch half
engilsh muffin each kid gets a top or bottom then I put a toping on it, peanut butter, jelly/jam, sun butter, apple butter.

afternoon my daughter is home for this so

prestle rods with a fruit
cookies made with daugter butter and milk
celery with apple butter and raisins
cuccumber with apple butter and craisins
crackers and meat'popsicles
hummus and pit chips
7up bread and then we put our own topping on, apple butter, jelly/jam, sun butter that kind of stuff nutella
jello jigglers
these are just a few that I can come up off the top of my head right now.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Daycare.com Member

I only serve an afternoon snack because I serve breakfast so these are all PM snacks...

Twice a week I serve Homemade cookies and milk. I make a batch and freeze them and store them in a freezer bag. Then I pop them in the oven and the turn out wonderful! I usually do Oatmeal raisin, Choc. Chip, P. Butter, mini m&m.
The other snacks I choose I serve with water or Juice depending on what they are:
Cheese and crackers
Pretzels and raisins
grapes and Wheat Thins
Apples and Peanut Butter
Trail Mix and Juice
Carrot Sticks and Cheese
Old 02-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Daycare.com Member

Awesome, thanks ladies! I got a few new ideas from you!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Daycare.com Member

A couple of my dck favorites are:

Apple slices w/ peanut butter
graham crackers
Milk
_______
Banana or grapes
gogurt
raisins
Milk
_______
Mini pizzas
I take fat free croissants, spread a little tomato sauce, 2 slices of turkey pepperoni, and a little cheese and pop em in the toaster oven.
Milk

These are a few I can think of at the moment

Tags
food, lunch, menu, snacks