Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sheets On Cots?
Sumshine 08:49 AM 03-10-2017
So obviously I have sheets for my pack and play mat and my porta-crib! But do I need sheets on my cots?!

I recently became a part of a big provider Facebook group and I notice a lot of sheets on cots! I feel I am missing something because I don't do this? Each kiddo has their own cot and their own set of blankets. I set the cots up every Monday in my nap room. They sleep in the exact same one with the same blanket and I wash the blankets and sanitize the cots and stack them back in the corner every Friday after a nap.

Do i need sheets on my cots? Is this a requirement in MN???? BlackCat???
Gemma 09:07 AM 03-10-2017
I don't know the regulations of your State, unless it is a requirement, I suggest you do what works for you rather than what others do

Personally I do not use sheets, I would have to change them after each nap, I use mats on cots (for comfort) that are easily clean with bleach water, and put away
Sumshine 09:13 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Gemma:
I don't know the regulations of your State, unless it is a requirement, I suggest you do what works for you rather than what others do

Personally I do not use sheets, I would have to change them after each nap, I use mats on cots (for comfort) that are easily clean with bleach water, and put away
If it's a requirement I really missed it! I only see stuff about sheets on pnps and crib matresses! I really hope it isn't I like the method/way I've been doing it and the kids don't seem to mind any!
Gemma 09:23 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Sumshine:
I like the method/way I've been doing it and the kids don't seem to mind any!
That's all that matters!
Josiegirl 09:31 AM 03-10-2017
Our regs. stipulate dcks cannot sleep directly on non-porous materials. I have to get some sheets for mine, spending more and more money every week to please the state. I'm in Vt. though.
Sumshine 09:39 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Our regs. stipulate dcks cannot sleep directly on non-porous materials. I have to get some sheets for mine, spending more and more money every week to please the state. I'm in Vt. though.
Hmmm I don't think I read anything like that. My cots are very "pourus" though IMO that's why I chose them! Easy to clean and good air flow!
Blackcat31 09:44 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Sumshine:
So obviously I have sheets for my pack and play mat and my porta-crib! But do I need sheets on my cots?!

I recently became a part of a big provider Facebook group and I notice a lot of sheets on cots! I feel I am missing something because I don't do this? Each kiddo has their own cot and their own set of blankets. I set the cots up every Monday in my nap room. They sleep in the exact same one with the same blanket and I wash the blankets and sanitize the cots and stack them back in the corner every Friday after a nap.

Do i need sheets on my cots? Is this a requirement in MN???? BlackCat???
No you are NOT required to have sheets on cots or nap mats. ONLY in cribs/PNP's.

The requirements for bedding for those over age 12 months only says:
9502.0435 SANITATION AND HEALTH.
Subp. 11. Bedding. Clean, separate bedding must be provided for each child in care.
lovemydaycare0912 09:53 AM 03-10-2017
In my state we have to. Or so I think. Good question!
Sumshine 10:28 AM 03-10-2017
Sweet! I knew that you would know BC! Thanks!!!!

This makes me feel much better! I was really concerned I had honestly overlooked something!!!! Phew!
Reply Up