Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Lakeshore Product Would You Recommend?
Gemma 09:37 AM 03-04-2017
I recently bought the Motor links, the Tower Builders, the Fish Builders, My First Pegboard Set, and a few others items...pricey, yes, but I was so pleased with the quality, that I am making a wish list, and I was wondering what you guys have purchased that you/the kids really, really like???
Please keep in mind I only care for kids 0-5yrs
Baby Beluga 07:16 AM 03-06-2017
Mine really enjoy the pipe builders, they are used daily.

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...=1488813372606

CityGarden 01:20 PM 03-06-2017
Some of the favorites I desire
Magna-tiles
Lakeshore Calming Colors® Rest Mats
Circle Time Center / Pocket Calendar

Items I have & love
A Place for Everyone Classroom Carpet
Lakeshore No Spill Paint Cups
Hold A Ring Walking Rope
Best Buy Playfood
Jumbo Cardboard Blocks
Sort A Shape Activity Board
Dot Art Markers
People Color Crayons / Paint
Art & Craft Supplies

For furniture and my largest splurge items I tend to like Community Playthings over Lakeshore but that is more due to the aesthetics I desire for my program than the quality of Lakeshore's.
Gemma 02:28 PM 03-06-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Mine really enjoy the pipe builders, they are used daily.

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...=1488813372606

They look like they could be much fun, but I can't tell the size....are the pieces large enough for little kids that put everything in their mouth?
Gemma 02:49 PM 03-06-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Some of the favorites I desire
Magna-tiles
Lakeshore Calming Colors® Rest Mats
Circle Time Center / Pocket Calendar

Items I have & love
A Place for Everyone Classroom Carpet
Lakeshore No Spill Paint Cups
Hold A Ring Walking Rope
Best Buy Playfood
Jumbo Cardboard Blocks
Sort A Shape Activity Board
Dot Art Markers
People Color Crayons / Paint
Art & Craft Supplies

For furniture and my largest splurge items I tend to like Community Playthings over Lakeshore but that is more due to the aesthetics I desire for my program than the quality of Lakeshore's.
I almost bought the no spill paint cups, but I figured I'd wait and find out how large the holes are.....can they be used with any size brush?

Is the Best Buy play food as good of quality as the Learning Resources baskets? I have all the baskets and love them

I have the sort a shape board and the color rings board, I love the quality and my group love the activity
I have a walking rope
I'll have to check out the rest of the items you mentioned cause I can't picture them in my mind

Thank you so much
Baby Beluga 06:23 AM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by Gemma:
They look like they could be much fun, but I can't tell the size....are the pieces large enough for little kids that put everything in their mouth?
They are small. I only allow my 3+ children to use them who have proven to me they are not mouthers.
CityGarden 10:32 AM 03-09-2017
I almost bought the no spill paint cups, but I figured I'd wait and find out how large the holes are.....can they be used with any size brush?
The paint cups fit these brushes perfectly:

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...=1489084258618

That said I use other brushes as well with no problem. When you say any size brush it is relative.... my kids also paint murals with rollers so no not all brushes will fit but it is a decent size opening.
CityGarden 10:35 AM 03-09-2017
Is the Best Buy play food as good of quality as the Learning Resources baskets? I have all the baskets and love them

I have the sort a shape board and the color rings board, I love the quality and my group love the activity
I have a walking rope
I'll have to check out the rest of the items you mentioned cause I can't picture them in my mind

Thank you so much
The Best Buy Playfood is AMAZING quality. I have had mine for 10 years and it is still in excellent condition and color. I love the variety of foods included and have both set the standard and the ethnic foods.
Gemma 09:16 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
They are small. I only allow my 3+ children to use them who have proven to me they are not mouthers.
Awwww I can't have them then, my kids are too small
Gemma 09:20 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
The Best Buy Playfood is AMAZING quality. I have had mine for 10 years and it is still in excellent condition and color. I love the variety of foods included and have both set the standard and the ethnic foods.
I guess I'm getting the PlayFood
The kitchen is my favorite room of my daycare, I wan only the best things in there and I can't stop buying things for it....lol talk about reliving my childhood
racemom 07:05 PM 03-10-2017
New item in my room for 2 year olds is the button box. It is a favorite so far. It seems like such a simple thing, but someone is always playing with it.
Tags:lakeshore, lakeshore learning
Reply Up